Shuri visits Midtown

This was an anonymous request. Enjoy ^-^

Shuri was unbelievably bored. She'd come to New York with her brother, the King of Wakanda, to check up on the outreach centres he'd funded in the area. Tony Stark had generously offered to let them stay in his tower, but there was nothing to do there. Whilst T'Challa and Stark were doing the whole diplomatic thing, Shuri wandered the labs, but the technology in there was basically primordial compared to what she was used to.

"Sorry about my sister," T'Challa winced as she huffed back into the lunch room. "Shuri, behave."

"But I'm bored, brother!"

"Hey, I have an intern about your age. He - Peter - might stop by after school," Stark offered.

"Yeah, Peter's a real genius, you two'll get along just fine," one of the 'Avengers' chimed in. Shuri hid a scowl. If he was such a genius then why were the labs still so outdated?

Shuri continued her exploration of the tower. Everyone she asked said what a great guy Peter was, how smart, funny, talented, inventive. Despite herself, Shuri started looking forward to their meeting.

Then she looked at the time.

"12 o'clock," she muttered to herself. "Hey you, what time do schools end here?"

"Usually about three, half three?" The worker replied uncertainly. Shuri groaned. She couldn't wait that long! Unless...

"Are you okay, miss?" Shuri recognised the man as Captain America. "Can I help you with anything?"

"What is the name of this famous Peter's school?"

"Midtown Tech. Why?"

But Shuri was already gone. She left the tower with minimal difficulty and set her kimoyo beads to direct her to the school. The streets of New York made her miss Wakanda, and she had to use her gauntlets twice on people who didn't understand the meaning of 'no'. Finally, she reached the school at 1pm. 

"How may I help you?" The receptionist asked blandly.

"I am here to see a student." 

"I'm afraid we can't let strangers into the school without a pass," the receptionist apologised, not sounding very sorry.

"I am the princess of Wakanda. Here is my pass," Shuri held up her wrist, and a holographic identity card span in mid-air, projected by her kimoyo beads.

"Oh," the receptionist blinked. "Apologies. Which student would you like to visit?"

"His name is Peter."

"Do you have any other information?" The receptionist asked, frowning at a screen. "It's a very common name, we have 22 Peters in this school."

"He's very smart?"

"Um... The highest grades are that of Peter Parker. He's also in the Academic Decathlon team." 

"Sure, where can I find him?"

The receptionist gave Shuri directions, and she headed to the indicated room. It looked like classes were just starting, they must have only finished their lunch break. 

"Hello?" Shuri knocked on the door.

"Who are you?" A teacher frowned at her. 

"Shuri, Princess of Wakanda." Shuri lifted her chin, and the teacher's eyes widened. She never got tired of the reactions of people meeting her for the first time, how fast disdain could turn to grovelling.

"What can I do for you, Princess?"

"I'm looking for a student named Peter." Everybody in the class swivelled to stare at one brown-haired, white-skinned boy. He waved awkwardly. 

Shuri frowned. He didn't look like the sort of person Stark would keep as an intern. Was this the right Peter? 

"Do you intern under Tony Stark?" She asked.

"Um, yes..." Peter replied, looking unsure of this fact. 

"Liar!" A boy with greasy hair yelled. "Everybody knows that internship is fake! You just do it as a way to gain popularity, but it failed. Don't listen to him, princess, he's trying to trick you." The boy gave her an obnoxious wink, and she gagged before turning back to Peter.

"How do I kn-" Her kimoyo beads notified her of an incoming call. The head of T'Challa appeared. "Brother! I thought you were busy."

"Shuri, where are you?"

"At Midtown Tech. The high school Stark's intern goes to?"

"You went to Peter's school?" Stark exclaimed, appearing in the image. "Wow, she's not kidding. Hey Pete."

"Hi, Mr Stark," Peter mumbled, looking ready to just die. T'Challa took back the kimoyo bead.

"Come back to the tower soon, Shuri. Stay safe." The call ended. Everybody was now openly gawking at either Peter or Shuri. The teacher glanced hopelessly at her powerpoint.

"Stark and all his friends say you are a genius," Shuri frowned at Peter. He opened his mouth to argue, but she kept speaking. "They also say you are too modest." 

Peter shut his mouth, going red. "You will come with me back to the tower. I want to see what you can do with the dinosaur computers. And if you impress me, maybe I'll give you my number and we can keep in touch." She winked at him flirtatiously, purely to rile up grease boy, then grabbed his wrist and pulled him out of his chair, giving him just enough time to pack up his things before she dragged him out of the room, ignoring the weak protests of the teacher on the way out.