Malice

*10 years later*
Mipha's POV
Another blood moon another day to defeat the monsters around the Domain. I picked up my trident and began to walk around to make sure that all the other guards were preparing themselves. Bazz and Gaddison were giving orders to a few. Rivan was instructing a few others to hurry and get themselves ready. I then saw Link behind the statue talking to Valik and Liana. That reminded me that today was Liana's first day with clearing out the monsters. I walked up to them to help give her encouragement as well.

"Are you ready, Liana?" I asked.

"Kind of," she tightly held her Silver Bow. "I'm a little nervous."

"Well, you have the right to be," Valik shrugged. "You're the youngest to actually be good enough to help. Most 14 year olds aren't as good at your age... but of course, I was better."

"Yeah, right."

"Hey," Link took control of the conversation, "you both are some of the most amazing and youngest fighters of our Guard; a 17 year old and a 14 year old. You both are great fighters in your own way and help the Guard out a lot. None of you can take all the credit."

Bazz ran up to us along with Rivan and Gaddison. "Link, Mipha," he said firmly, "we're ready whenever you two are." Link and I both looked at Valik and Liana.

Valik put his hand on Liana's shoulder, "We're ready!" Liana looked up at him and then nodded.

"Then let's all head out," Link instructed. "Valik, Liana, you two will be heading out with Bazz to the lizalfos camp near Luto's Crossing. Stay close to him." Bazz escorted the two away with him and all the other guards started leaving to their positions.

"I'll be heading out to Ralis Pond," I informed. "Do you need me anywhere else?"

"No," Link shook his head, "I think everything is covered. I'll come help you when I'm done with the lynel."

"Be safe!" I started walking off.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

I stabbed the hinox one last time and it finally went down. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to compose myself after the fight. When I opened them, I looked up at the cliff above me and gasped. I don't know what it was, but it was staring right at me. It looked like a Hylian, but it was... made of malice. I took a moment to look closer and noticed that it looked exactly like Link. "L-Link?" I said quietly. It jumped down from the cliff, still staring me down. It took out its malice sword and readied its malice shield. It then launched at me and I blocked its attack with my trident. It backflipped and started shooting malice arrows at me. I dodged them and started running at it. I slashed and cut my trident against its body. It fell back, but immediately regained itself.

As I was fighting it, I realized that it not only looked exactly like Link, but it fought like Link too. What kind of monster was this? The malice completely has a mind of its own. I need to let Link and Zelda know about this fast.

After constant dodges and attacks, I finally defeated the malice monster. The malice sunk into the ground and killed the grass around it. I stood there gasping for air, trying to comprehend what just happened. I looked down at the Domain and noticed that most of the guards were starting to travel back there. I needed to find Link.

I ran all the way back to the Domain and found Link running on the bridge to Upland Zorana. He looked exhausted. "Oh there you are Mipha!" He said relieved. "I need-"

"Yeah it's nice to see you too, but I really need to talk to you," I dragged him to the other side of the bridge so that nobody could hear us.

"A-Are you ok? You look exhausted."

"Listen, I saw you... but you were some sort of malice monster."

"What? Seriously? I-"

"I know what I saw! I fought it! Look at this!" I held up my arm to show some of the burn marks that the malice left on me when I touched it. "I-It looked like you, it fought like you..."

"Mipha, I fought a malice monster that looked exactly like you, and fought like you, too." He showed me his burn marks from the malice.

"What is going on?" I sighed. "We need to tell Zelda about this. It could be some sort of new breed of monster or something."

He pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head. "This is not good. The only malice monsters that have existed have been... controlled by Ganon. Think about it. The malice eyes, the Blights that were in the Divine Beasts..."

"But Ganon can't come back. It hasn't been that long."

"What if he is coming back?" We both looked at each other and then at Vah Ruta. "We need to tell Zelda immediately."

___________

And so it begins. I hope you all will like this!