Duty Returned

Link's POV
We travelled along the roads of Hyrule field. Mipha believed that after all that I've been through, I should be ready and worthy to take the Master Sword. So now we were making our way back to Korok Forest.

"So what's the plan after I get the sword?" I looked behind my right shoulder, making sure that no stalker guardians were around.

"Once you get the sword, we'll talk with the new champions and figure out a new plan to defeat Ganon," She explained. "In fact, I think a good way to defeat Ganon would be the way that we defeated him last time."

"Which was..."

"Oh, right! You don't remember. Well, when we fought the Calamity the first time, us champions used our Divine Beasts to help weaken Ganon so that it was easier for you to defeat him."

"Then let's do it. I'll need all the help that I can get."

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Korok Forest looked just as free and comforting as I remembered. All the Koroks were still running around doing their little errands, the Deku Tree was still sleeping, and the Master Sword still stood in its pedestal, basking in the sunlight.

As Mipha and I walked forward towards the pedestal, we heard a low yawn from the Great Deku Tree. "Ah, it seems you two have returned. I can tell that you both have grown much on your journeys."

I looked over at Mipha. She stood off to the side of the pedestal and nodded her head. I looked back at the Master Sword, it's presence captivating and pulling. I gently grasped my hands around the hilt. I was mentally preparing myself. This will be the truth to see if I am worthy again. I hope that I am. Everyone has suffered long enough.

I tightened my grip and pulled up, the sword still tight in the pedestal. A light shined at its base. I pulled up again, the sword more loose. Before I pulled up again, I had to let myself rest for a second. I could feel all my mental and physical energy being drained. Even though I was feeling exhausted already, I knew that I had to keep pushing no matter what. I pulled up once more. This time only a bit of the sword was left in the pedestal. I then used all of my energy and strength, everything I had, and pulled the last bit of the sword out. I was now holding it right in front of me. I could feel it's power surging through me. The burden this sword carries now flowing through my whole body. It was overwhelming I will admit.

"Link, you did it!" Mipha ran up to my side and hugged me.

I smiled and gently put my free hand around her, "I couldn't have done it without your guidance."

"Congratulations, Link," the Great Deku Tree said deeply. "The sword has now seen you worthy again. Now I urge you to save Queen Zelda and seal away Ganon. Hyrule has waited far too long for your return. I suggest to not procrastinate your duty."

"Thank you, Deku Tree," I nodded. I let go of Mipha and started to inspect the sword. It was glowing brightly. A distant memory came to my mind. I was in a strange room fighting vicious monsters. I had no armor and no weapons. All I had was a beat up shield and a weak sword.

"I'm glad that it's still glowing after all this time," Mipha commented. "You had to go through a tough trial to get the Master Sword fully powered."

"Mr. Hero!" Two Koroks waddled toward us. Both were carrying an end of a scabbard. It was blue and had intricate gold designs. "For your sword!"

I took the scabbard and put the sword inside of it. "Thanks you two!"

"Anything for you, Mr. Hero!" The two exclaimed. They then ran off into the shrubbery.

Mipha and I both chuckled. I attached the sheath to my back, "What's the next step?"

"Hmm, maybe we should head back to the Domain," Mipha thought out loud. "We can configure a plan there and contact the new champions."

"Sounds like a plan!"