Rematch

*one month later*
Link's POV
Every guard woke up early to fight more of the monsters from the recent blood moon. Mipha and I decided to stick together for this one just in case we ran into more malice versions of us. Just before I allowed all of us to head to our positions, Valik and Liana rushed in from the main bridge.

"Valik, Liana," I said a bit sternly, "you're scouting should've finished 20 minutes ago."

"I know!" Liana said all frazzled. "But it's terrible! There's so many of them!"

"What?" My heart sank. Please tell me she's just talking about the normal bokoblins and lizalfos.

"There are guardians!" Valik said frantically. "Normal, ice, electric, fire, and even some covered in malice! There's even moblins, hinoxes, and lynels with the same typings! It's like they're some kind of elemental monsters! I've never seen anything like them before!"

"Ice, electric, fire, and malice?" Mipha reiterated. "Now there's more different breeds of monsters?" Mipha and I looked at each other. "If there are that many..."

"Then we need Vah Ruta," I finished her sentence. I looked out into the distance and could faintly see the horde of monsters. I then took a deep breath and got out my sword and shield. "Mipha, you get to Vah Ruta! The rest of us need to take care of the monsters right near the domain!"

"Yes sir!" Everyone saluted. Mipha nodded to the kids and I, then ran off to Vah Ruta.

"Everyone, charge!" I yelled. As Valik, Liana, and I ran out, I wasn't surprised to see malice versions of Mipha and I appear. Luckily because of my sword being fully powered, I was able to easily defeat them.

After a bit, we all got the majority of the smaller monsters, but now all that was really left was the moblins, lynels, hinoxes, and guardians. I decided that it'd be best if we left that up to Mipha and Vah Ruta. "Everyone," I announced, "retreat back to the domain!" Everyone followed my command and by the time we all made it back, Mipha and Vah Ruta were already in position on the Zora River.

Giant beams of ice shot out from the tusks of Vah Ruta. Those beams completely defeated the moblins. Vah Ruta then started to move and rain down beams and barrages of ice onto the remaining enemies. Though Vah Ruta did take a few hits, it didn't take long for all the monsters to finally be obliterated.

Everyone looked in awe and cheered at the success of Vah Ruta. Valik and Liana were beyond excited since they finally got to see it in action. Although, everyone's cheers and happiness, even mine, were stripped away immediately when a giant ball of malice shot right into Vah Ruta. Instead of the Divine Beast glowing blue, it started to blink from red to blue. I knew immediately what was going to happen and I am not letting it happen again.

"Dad," Valik said confused, "what's happening?"

"I don't know how..." I said in disbelief. "Is Waterblight back?" Sidon and Dorephan came up to us.

"Link," Dorephan said sternly, "is Mipha in there?"

"Yes!"

"Only the champions can go in there!" Sidon said concerned. "You have to save her somehow."

"I know! But how do I get up there-" Vah Ruta started to shoot out water from its trunk and it started to rain. Waterfalls started to flow down on its sides. If I can climb up those waterfalls, I can most likely find the entrance inside.

I ran to where my bed was and searched through my closet to find my zora armor and greaves. I quickly put them on and ran back to where everyone was.

"I'm going in," I said boldly. "I'll make sure that nothing happens to her." I looked at Valik and Liana and gave them a reassuring smile. "I'll be back soon." I ran off as fast as I could.