Lasting Memories: Sidon

Sidon's POV
The whole Zora population solemnly gathered around Toto Lake. Mipha, Link, Valik, Liana, and I stood on the rocky bank surrounded by the somber crowd.

Mipha looked down at the water and her tears dropped down into it. I gently put my hand on her shoulder. "You going to be ok?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah," her voice was soft. She wiped some of her tears away and turned toward the crowd. She took an uncertain step forward and took a deep breath before officially beginning the event. "The Zora King, Dorephan, my father, is sadly not with us anymore," Her voice was loud and emotional. "He died four days ago, the day where we attacked and defeated Ganon. He fought valiantly to protect us, his people. In the midst of the chaos, four lynels shot malice arrows into his chest, and the malice began to quickly infect and kill his body." Tears began to fall fast down her cheeks. She turned around and walked toward Link and I. "I'm sorry," her voice was shaking, "I can't do this. I'll have to share my speech near the end."

"It's ok," I put both of my hands on her shoulders, "We'll just have you and Link speak last." I then bravely stepped forward and cleared my throat. "To celebrate my father's life, we figured that we would share some of our fondest and greatest memories of him." I stopped for a moment to compose himself. "My father is one of the most greatest people that I've ever met. He was one of the strongest and bravest leaders that I knew. Not only that, but you could tell how much he not only loved his people, but his own family. Ever since my mother, Queen Alanna, died, my father did all he could to support Mipha and I in our royal duties and personal lives." I wiped some of my oncoming tears and a small smile came upon my face. "One of my favorite memories of him was when I was very young..."

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Younger Sidon's POV
I gazed up in awe at father. Even when he was sitting on his throne, he was gigantic. I wonder if I'll be as big and tall as him one day? I bet he could look down on all of Hyrule with his height! I want to see what his view is like.

I jumped onto the throne and inched myself up onto the right armrest. I looked up and his hand was about to come over the top of me. "Father!" I signaled.

He looked down at me curiously and chuckled, "Sidon, my boy, what are you doing down there?" He instead rested has hand on his lap.

"I wanna see what it's like to be as big and tall as you are!"

A soft smile came upon his face and he cupped his hands together. "Well why don't I show you?"

I smiled big and hopped onto his hands. Carefully he rose me up until I was in front of his face. I looked side to side as everything from the ground seemed to get so small. I turned around to face the entrance and was amazed at how all the Zoras looked like tiny ants! "WOAH!" I knelt down and peered over his fingertips. "It's so high up!" I looked back at him and stared up at the top of his head. I wasn't even at the top and everything seemed so small. "Father, put me on your head. I wanna see what it's like from there."

"Alright Sidon, let me ju—" He looked down past me and I followed his gaze. Muzu walked in with a couple other of the council members. I rolled my eyes. Now I won't be able to get on top of father's head because he has to deal with boring council stuff. "Ah, Muzu," he lowered me down and I stepped onto the right armrest. "this must be about the monster reports."

"Yes, Your Majesty," Muzu huffed. "There seems to be a gathering around Inogo Bridge. I've advised several of the guards to stay there and be on look out. These blasted monsters. There's been rumors of the calamity, I wonder if it's all true."

Father and Muzu continued to talk. I looked at Muzu and pouted. Father has been really busy lately and the time that I finally get to play with him, Muzu has to show up and talk business.