A Change in Plans

Mipha's POV
Aven, Alivia, Zelda, and I hid in the grove of trees around the Sacred Ground Ruins. We were hidden behind the trunk of a huge tree to avoid any monsters and guardians from finding us. Zelda was sitting, her back leaning on the tree. I just barely finished healing her wounds.

"Thank you, Mipha," she stood up and gave me a quick hug. "I'm going to go help Link. You three do what you can out here."

I looked at Aven and Alivia. I could tell that they wanted to protest against the decision. It would probably be best if I left them alone and hurried to Vah Ruta. "Yes, Zelda," I nodded to both her and the other two. I then quickly turned and started running to Vah Ruta.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

As I was approaching Lanayru Tower, I could see hordes of monsters traveling the path to the domain. There's no way that the whole guard can handle them all alone. I had to do something.

I started climbing up the mountain toward Vah Ruta. It began to rain as well, making my grip loosen. Luckily I was able to safely make it all the way up and I peered down the edge so that I could get a broader view of the scene. Elemental and normal monsters were surrounding the domain. All of the guard was backed up... except I could see three figures fighting amongst the monsters outside of the domain near Luto's Crossing. I looked closer and I realized that those three figures were Valik, Liana, and Sidon. What are those three doing? They're going to get killed!

I quickly boarded Vah Ruta and entered the main control room. I powered it on and fired icicle beams at the monsters attacking the three. I then began to shoot down all the other monsters surrounding the domain. Most of the horde was easily destroyed, so I took this opening as a chance to make sure that the three were alright.

I ordered Vah Ruta to move closer to Luto's Crossing. I walked onto the bridge railing from the platform and I was greeted by the three. All of them were extremely exhausted.

"Mom!" Valik and Liana hugged me. Sidon joined in on the hug as well.

"Oh, I'm so glad that you're all alright," I held them tight.

"If it weren't for you and Vah Ruta, we'd be in deep trouble," Sidon explained. "I'm so glad that you're safe Mipha." I gave him a small smile. We all pulled away from the hug.

"Is dad at the castle?" Valik clenched the hilt of his sword.

"Yes..." I sighed. "He told me to get to Vah Ruta. I assume that he wants to use the Divine Beasts to weaken Ganon. I just hope that it'll work again..."

"I mean, of course it will work, right?" Liana said trying to be optimistic. "You guys used that plan to beat Ganon before."

"The thing is... Ganon is different this time."

"What do you mean?" Sidon asked. "Does it have something to do with Astor?"

All of a sudden, there were three large laser sounds. I looked over at the castle and there were three red beams of light from the other Divine Beasts pointing at it. The others were ready. I can't keep them waiting.

"I'll explain later," I walked back onto the platform. "I must join the others now. You three protect the domain and be safe." The three nodded and I swiped my hand to the side. Vah Ruta rose higher and I walked into the main control room to place it back on its mountain. Once it finally reached its destination, I ordered it to set its laser directly at Ganon. Now we just had to wait for the exact moment...

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Hours have past since I readied Vah Ruta's laser. It's strange. Surely Zelda would've given some sort of signal to fire our lasers by now. Something must've gone wrong.

"Mipha!" A familiar voice called from under Vah Ruta. I walked onto the platform and looked down to see Aven and Alivia. Both of them were exhausted and their clothes were tattered and torn from fighting.

"Is everything alright?" I asked.

"No!" Aven called out. "Zelda and Link had to retreat from the castle! The blights were chasing after them!"

"What?! Where are they now?"

"They were running towards the Great Plateau!" Alivia informed. "We've instructed Impa, Purah, and Robbie to inform the other champions!"

"Thank you for letting me know! I'll be sure to travel there immediately!"

The two then ran off to go aid Zelda and Link. I wanted to leave right then too, but I had to think of what could happen.

If Link and Zelda had to retreat, then that means that one or both of them must be extremely injured. I'd have to heal them. But, if the blights are there along with thousands of other monsters, then I'd need to be in control of Vah Ruta. The thing is, I can't do both at the same time. I need someone else as my successor. I think I might know just the one.

I disabled the laser pointed at the castle and had Vah Ruta travel to the domain. Once I was there, I lowered it so that I could safely walk off of it. Everyone gathered around me, eager to see why I was there. Valik, Liana, and Sidon were directly in front of me. Father was behind everyone else.

"I've received news that Link and Zelda have retreated Hyrule Castle due to the blights forcing them off," I announced. "It seems that they have travelled to the Great Plateau. I know that I must head to them immediately so that I can aid them in any way that I can. The thing is, I won't be able to control Vah Ruta and fight on the ground at once." I paused for a moment to let everyone take in what I've just explained. "Sidon..." he looked at me determined. "I want you to be my successor in controlling Vah Ruta. For the rest of you, I want you all to stay here; protecting the domain and staying safe."

"What?!" Valik stepped forward. "Liana and I aren't just going to stand around here while you and dad are in danger! Let us help!"

"I'm sorry. You're father's life is at risk. I can't let you're lives be at risk too." Valik looked down at the ground and stepped back. Liana held his hand. "Sidon, please come with me." He nodded and we both walked onto Vah Ruta's platform. I raised it up and we both walked into the control room.

"I'm honored that you trust me, but I don't know how to work this Divine Beast," he said a bit intimidated.

"I'll teach you along the way." I ordered Vah Ruta to travel to the Great Plateau. "I'll have you kill monsters while we go. It won't be much practice, but I trust you. You're a reliable brother, Sidon."

He shyly chuckled and gave his charming smile, "I'll do my best!"