Chapter 1: The Bachelor

Rengoku's POV:

I'm a busy man. I don't have time to date anybody, and marriage is very far out of the question. On top of that, I'm not really interested in anybody, nor do I feel like anybody is really interested in me. I mean, sure I get little giggles and looks from pretty girls when I'm walking through a village during a job, but that's probably them just saying I'd be a good person to have sex with. Which, I don't want to date anybody if they just want me for that.

Here's the thing. My standards for dating someone aren't exactly high, but they aren't low either. There's been some people I've met who've met my standards but in the end they all can't meet the most important standard. My most important standard is about my job. I travel a lot, and will want them to travel with me. That's where it gets difficult. None of the people I've been somewhat attracted to, seemed like they would want to go from place to place with me all the time. Obviously, women just want to be a housewife, and I just can't do that. Sometimes my jobs are so long that she might cheat on me if I'm gone for that long.

The thing is, there's actually been some people who have met my last standard in the past before. Those people were always men. Yeah, I'm attracted to both women and men. Always have been. But I wouldn't have been able to get with them anyways because they were usually already engaged. Obviously I could try to find a partner who's part of the demon slayer corps, but most of the demon slayers are underage so I can't. I mean, I could go for one of the other Hashira, like Mitsuri (since she's so desperate for a husband) but I can tell Iguro has his eyes on her, and they seem like they could be a cute couple so I don't want to get in their way. Plus, I think of all the other Hashira as siblings, and it'd be wrong to date Mitsuri since I was her sensei at one point. I'm probably gonna end up being a Bachelor forever.

At least, that's what I thought until the Mugen Train Incident.

sweet lord what am I doing.