Chapter 21: A Sense Of Belonging

Honestly, was it even about my appearance? Or was I just wrong about him liking men? I'm pretty sure he's at least somewhat Homosexual. I mean... I can usually sniff out a Homosexual like a mile away. For example: Tanjiro, he's a little bit fruity. Dare I say it but, Senjuro too. And honestly, I smelled a lot of Gay tension at the Hashira breakfast this morning. Mostly between Sanemi and Gyomei.

Akaza: "Sure, I guess."

I rubbed my forehead and sighed. I'm sure my mind is just playing tricks on me. I stared at their food as the boys took their final bites.

Nezuko, telepathically: "Mr. Akaza."

I looked over at her.

Akaza, telepathically: "Yeah?"

Nezuko, telepathically: "..Are you okay? You're looking a bit sad."

I hesitated a bit.

Akaza, telepathically: "..Nezuko, am I pretty?"

Nezuko, telepathically: "Very pretty. I like your eyes."

I smiled a bit from her compliment.

Akaza, telepathically: "Thanks.. but.. do you think Kyojuro thinks I'm pretty..?"

Nezuko looked over at Kyojuro for a few seconds before looking back at me.

Nezuko, telepathically: "Well, I don't know."

I went back to my normal expression with a slight frown. I looked down at myself.

Nezuko, telepathically: "But I definitely hope so."

I went a bit wide eyed and looked back up at her.

Nezuko, telepathically: "And even if he doesn't, I know Miss Kanroji thinks you're absolutely beautiful. And if she thinks that, I'm pretty sure she's gonna convince Mr. Rengoku to think like that as well."

I scoffed.

Akaza, telepathically: "I guess you're right."

She looked at the porch leading to the yard.

Nezuko, telepathically: "It's safe to go outside now."

I looked outside as well. The sun had gone down and the sky was a dark pink to dark blue color.

Akaza, telepathically: "Mm.."

I sighed and stroked the thick lines on my arm. Sometimes I question how I got my tattoos. They've been with me as long as I can remember. Since everybody claims all demons were once human, I assume that I had these tattoos before I became a demon. I heard chopsticks being put down and looked over. Of course, Kyojuro was the first to finish his food.

Akaza: "You really are a fast eater.."

Senjuro: "He's won several eating competitions in the nearby town."

Kyojuro smiled proudly.

Tanjiro: "Isn't it risky to eat that fast though? Couldn't you choke?"

Kyojuro: "I've eaten this fast my entire life, and I've never once choked."

Senjuro muttered something under his breath.

Senjuro: "That's a lie..."

We chatted for a few minutes, when Senjuro yawned. He leaned on his brother's shoulder. Kyojuro looked at him.

Kyojuro: "Tired?"

Senjuro: "..No.."

Kyojuro raised an eyebrow at him.