Chapter 6: The Golden Rule

Rengoku's POV:

Sanemi: "ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE!?"

Two days later after the Train incident, I was almost fully recovered and I had summoned the other hashira to a meeting to talk about Akaza.

Kyojuro: "No, but something is definitely wrong with me."

Tengen: "No, I'm sure that demon did something to you. The Kyojuro I know would never let a demon come with him."

Kyojuro: "He didn't do anything to me. I made the decision on my own. Guys, he could be useful."

Shinobu: "You do not know how much I wanna slap you right now. I almost hate you as much as Giyuu."

Giyuu looked at Shinobu and frowned.

Giyuu: "That's mean."

Shinobu: "It's the truth."

Tengen: "What was the demon's name again?"

Kyojuro: "Akaza."

Tengen: "And what rank is he in the Twelve Kizuki?"

Kyojuro: "...Upper Moon Three."

Sanemi: "IF HE'S UPPER THREE THAT MEANS HE'S KILLED SO MANY INNOCENTS! KYOJURO. YOU ARE LITERALLY BREAKING THE GOLDEN RULE IN THE CORPS!"

Iguro: "Unlike that demon girl, Akaza has probably eaten an entire village's worth of people."

Kyojuro: "Actually, an entire village's worth of men. Apparently, he doesn't eat women."

Mitsuri: "Aw that's nice."

All the other Hashira stare at her.

Iguro: "All the more reason you shouldn't have accepted. You could look away for a second, and you'd be his lunch."

Kyojuro: "I'm telling you. I hated this as much as all of you. I accepted because he could give us info about the Twelve Kizuki. Do you guys know the name of the Upper Moon Two?"

The other hashira look at each other. Shinobu frowns.

Shinbou: "What is it?"

Kyojuro: "Douma. Apparently, Douma is the complete opposite of Akaza. Akaza told me that Douma mainly only eats females."

Mitsuri frowned.

Tengen: "Unforgivable."

Kyojuro: "See? I might be able to convince him to tell us more about them."

Giyuu: "That would be somewhat useful, but this is still a terrible idea. What about the fact he still has to eat people?"

Kyojuro: "I had an idea that maybe.. I don't know, he could eat someone who's committed suicide."

Tengen: "Ew."

Kyojuro: "It's better than killing someone who doesn't have a death wish."

Sanemi: "I can't believe this. Kyojuro you're gonna die, and it'll be because you're oblivious as fuck. Did he even tell you why he wanted to stay with you?"

Kyojuro: "..."

I sighed. I guess I should tell them the truth of why Akaza wanted to go with me. I only told them that Akaza wanted to stay with me, but never said anything about him literally being head over heels with me. Damnit, this is gonna be embarrassing.

Kyojuro: "Okay fine. You got me. In truth, Akaza is..."

I hesitated.

Tengen: "What? He's what?"