Chapter 8: Pink Haired Bastards

Rengoku's POV:

Finally we arrived at Kamakura. I could literally sense Akaza's presence everywhere, meaning he had probably been looking for me. Shit.

Mitsuri: "This town has such good food."

Kyojuro: "I know, but we should find Akaza first before eating."

Mitsuri: "Yeah, okay."

Kyojuro: "I'm sure you can sense his presence as well, right?"

Mitsuri: "Yeah, but it feels stronger this way."

She points down a street. We walk down there. There are a bunch of food, clothing and jewelry stands. My mouth starts to water as I start to smell the fresh cooked food. Mitsuri's mouth is watering as well.

Kyojuro: "We must resist. Akaza is our main priority."

Mitsuri: "Can't we just get something small? Like a chicken wrap?"

Kyojuro: "...Yeah okay."

Mitsuri stands in line while I look around a bit. She runs back over to me 5 minutes later, holding 2 chicken wraps.

Mitsuri: "One for me and one for you."

Kyojuro: "Thank you."

We walked down the street crowded with people. I saw a few guys look at Mitsuri's chest which made me feel a bit protective, but I'm sure she was enjoying this.

Mitsuri: "Damn, where is that demon?"

Kyojuro: "I can sense his presence is getting stronger at the end of the street, so he might be down there."

We both finished out chicken wrap as we neared the end of the street. Suddenly I heard a loud burp. I looked over at Mitsuri, who had her hand over her mouth and was blushing. We looked at each other for a second before bursting out into laughter.

Kyojuro: "Wow, nice burp, Mitsuri."

Mitsuri: "That was so loud I'm so embarrassed."

We laughed a bit before we reached the end of the street. I looked forward and went wide eyed. Sitting at the fountain in front of me, was the Upper Moon Three. He was looking at me, but also at Mitsuri, who was still laughing.

Kyojuro: "Akaza."

Mitsuri: "Wha? Huh?"

She stopped laughing and looked in the direction that I was looking. She went wide eyed as well. Akaza grabbed a large black hat and put it on as he got up from the fountain. He blinked and shook his head before jogging towards us.

Akaza: "Kyojuro, you made it!"

My fucking pulse started to raise a bit as he got closer. What was he wearing? He had some sort of blanket on him and that hat. Was that his disguise? Oh hell no, we're getting him some actual clothing. I looked over at Mitsuri, who had a big smile on her face.

Kyojuro: "Of course I made it, you would've killed me if I didn't."

Akaza: "Mhm! So anyways.."

Akaza looked at Mitsuri and frowned a little.

Akaza: "So.. Who is she?"

Mitsuri: "O-Oh! I'm sorry, let me introduce myself. My name is Mitsuri Kanroji, the Love Hashira. I am a Demon Slayer like Kyojuro and one of his closest friends. I wanted to come with him to Kamakura because I just couldn't wait to meet you! You're so pretty and I love your stripes!"