Chapter 9: Two Bedrooms Please

The three of us walked into town. We walked through the crowd and I noticed a few people muttering while looking our way. Akaza must have noticed it too because he pulled his hat over his face a little. He walked between me and Mitsuri.

Mitsuri: "Don't worry Akaza, you're not the only weird looking person here. I've been rejected several times by men because they didn't like my hair color and couldn't deal with the fact that I was stronger than them."

Akaza: "Well, you're a Hashira, of course you're stronger than them. Don't listen to what they have to say about your strength or hair. Personally, I think your hair is very pretty."

Mitsuri: "Thank you, Akaza."

Akaza: "By the way, how'd you meet Kyojuro?"

Mitsuri: "I've known him for 4 years, and he's like a big brother to me. I learned Flame Breathing from him, although I don't actually use Flame Breathing. Instead, I turned my Flame Breathing knowledge into my very own breathing technique, called Love Breathing. That's why they call me The Love Hashira."

Akaza: "Wow.. That's actually really cool."

Kyojuro: "Here. Let's look in here."

We stopped in front of a clothing shop. We walked in. Mitsuri was immediately drawn to the colorful kimonos. Akaza and I walked to the mens clothes.

Akaza: "I'm gonna need something that I can move easily in, but also won't fall if I get smaller."

We looked around for another 5 minutes before I found the perfect outfit.

Kyojuro: "Aha!"

I pulled out an outfit that looked like Muichiro's Demon Slayer uniform, but it was dark magenta and gray and obviously didn't have the slayer symbol on the back. It also came with a black belt.

Kyojuro: "Will this do?"

Akaza looked over and gasped with delight.

Akaza: "Yes! I was actually looking for something like that. I found a shirt to wear underneath it. I also got socks and some zori."

Kyojuro: "Alright, then it's settled, we'll buy-"

Lady: "Your total will be 23,000 yen."

Mitsuri: "Here you go!"

I watched as Mitsuri pulled out 23,000 yen and gave it to the woman at the counter. My jaw dropped.

Kyojuro: "Mitsuri."

She turned around to look at us.

Mitsuri: "Yeah?"

Kyojuro: "Did you seriously just buy another kimono."

Mitsuri: "...yeah."

Kyojuro: "Oh my god you have like 23 kimonos already."

Mitsuri: "So? This one is really pretty."

Kyojuro: "I- Lets just pay for his clothes and leave."

Mitsuri: "What did you get for him?"

We showed her the outfit and she beamed.

Mitsuri: "It's gonna look so good on him, I just know it."

We paid for his outfit, which came to a total of 10,000 yen. We let him change in the backroom, and then he came out. I gotta say, he looked really good in it. So good that my damned heart started fluttering, which made my cheeks slightly pink.

 So good that my damned heart started fluttering, which made my cheeks slightly pink