Chapter 18: The Boy With The Hanafuda Earrings

--- WARNING: ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR UP AHEAD! ---

(Yall r gonna hate this chapter with a burning passion 💀)

Third Person POV:

Meanwhile Akaza was sweeping inside, Senjuro had started hanging up the sheets on the drying line outside. It was a partly cloudy day, but the sun still shined enough for the laundry to dry. Senjuro thought to himself how his brother even met Akaza.

Senjuro: "There we go."

He put the last sheet on the line. He looked at his job well done and smiled.

Senjuro: "Now hopefully the wind isn't strong enough to blow these away."

He picked up the basket he used to carry the sheets in, and went to grab the clothing load of laundry to hang up. While he was distracted with putting the clothes in the basket, a large figure silently approached him. Senjuro stood up with the basket full of clothing and went to the next drying line. Suddenly, a silhouette casted its shadow onto one of the sheets near him. Senjuro noticed this shadow in the corner of his eye and looked over.

Senjuro: "Huh?"

Suddenly a pair of hands grabbed him from behind, with one on his neck and the one on his mouth.

Senjuro: "mMMMPH!!"

Senjuro dropped the basket and struggled to get the hands off of him.

???: "Quiet."

Senjuro went wide-eyed, as he recognized that voice. He looked up at the dreadful image that was his father. He teared up in fear.

Shinjuro: "I'm lucky Kyojuro and that damned demon left you, or I wouldn't have been able to bring you with me."

Senjuro: "!!?!?!"

Shinjuro kept his grasp on his son's mouth, hoping nobody nearby would hear Senjuro's cries. He dragged his son across the lawn.

Akaza's POV:

I quickly ran into the hallway and into one of the rooms that led to the outside. There, I saw Kyojuro's terrible father, holding his innocent son hostage. That's it. When I get my hands on this guy, I'll make his death slow and painful. Unfortunately, the sun was shining too much for me to do anything. I stood in the shadows on the porch and stared at the scene.

Akaza: "YOU."

Shinjuro looked up at me. Senjuro went wide eyed and started struggling even more. Shinjuro tightened his grasp on his son's neck. Senjuro bit his hand.

Shinjuro: "OW FUCK!"

Shinjuro let go of Senjuro's neck and Senjuro fell to the ground. He coughed for air.

Senjuro: "ACK-"

Akaza: "SENJURO!"

Shinjuro glared at Senjuro, then kicked him in the back. My anger boiled.

Akaza: "STOP IT! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS??"

Shinjuro looked back up at me.

Shinjuro: "To teach Kyojuro a lesson on why he should never disobey me."

He grabbed his son by the hair. Senjuro screamed and sobbed in pain.

Akaza: "LET HIM GO!!"

Shinjuro tightened his grip.

Senjuro: "A-AAAAAAAAAH!"

Akaza: "SENJURO!!"

Shinjuro: "THIS WOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED IF YOU HADN'T BEEN BROUGHT INTO THE PICTURE!"