Chapter 13: The Tall Praying Man

Suddenly I heard a yell. I turned around and saw Mitsuri tightly wrapping a ribbon around Kyojuro's shoulder. She picked him up. She looked at me panickedly.

Mitsuri: "WE HAVE TO GET BACK TO THE MANSION QUICKLY! HIS INFECTION HAS ENTIRELY COVERED HIS ARM AND HAS ALMOST COMPLETELY COVERED HIS SHOULDER!"

I went wide eyed. Ayano let go of me and went back to Shoyo.

Shoyo: "Go save your friend, Hakuji. Now that the demons are gone, our town can go back to normal."

Akaza: "Right!"

I ran over to Mitsuri. Kyojuro was breathing heavily.

Akaza: "Here, let me carry him."

Mitsuri: "It's alright, I'll carry him for the time being. Go grab your box."

I looked over to my left and saw my box laying on the ground. Hallelujah it wasn't broken from the fight. I grabbed it and put it on my shoulders. Thankfully, it was still raining so I didn't have to retreat to the darkness. I also noticed my regeneration was back to normal, because my chest was finally healed. I went back over to Mitsuri and we ran out of the other side of town, and back on the path.

Mitsuri: "It'll be at least 5 more miles till we reach the next town, and then we'll have arrived near Himejima's estate. All of the hashira's estates have paths connected to headquarters. The Butterfly Mansion being the Closest to HQ, and Himejima's estate being, unfortunately, the farthest.

(Side note: at this point i'm making shit up bc idk the layout of the demon slayer map 😂😭)

Akaza: "We're gonna have to make haste."

Mitsuri looked back at Kyojuro.

Mitsuri: "Please don't die on me man.."

Kyojuro coughed.

Kyojuro: "I don't plan on dying yet."

Mitsuri: "Good."

The both of us covered 5 miles pretty quickly. I was impressed how easily she was able to keep up with me despite carrying Kyojuro. We quickly ran through the town, jumping over any stands or people around. I looked at her.

Akaza: "Damn, you're fast."

She chuckled.

Mitsuri: "I know!"

We finally made it through the town. Behind the town was a mountain. A pretty big one.

Mitsuri: "Himejima's estate is right behind this mountain. I assume you'll have no problem scaling it?"

Akaza: "Not at all."

We swiftly ran up the mountain. We dodged any fallen trees and bushes in our way. We came across a large waterfall. There was a clearing with a lot of disturbed terrain and broken rocks everywhere.

Mitsuri: "I assume this is where Genya does his training, so we must be close."

We ran past the clearing when Mitsuri came to a stop. I stopped too and looked back at her. She looked at Kyojuro.

Mitsuri: "Kyojuro?"

He groaned. She put him on the ground and looked at his arm. The infection started to move into the right side of his chest.

Mitsuri: "Shit. By the time we get there and Shinobu gets her medicine ready, the infection will have probably reached his heart."

Akaza: "Does that mean.."