Chapter 12: The Strongest Of Demons

Akaza: "Well, aren't you confident?"

Kessei: "If I can manage to kill a betraying upper moon like you, Muzan will give me blood."

I got up from the rubble and wiped off the dust on my pants.

Akaza: "That's IF you kill me. I can regenerate 10 times faster than you."

Kessei: "Well yes, but actually no."

Akaza: "How so? You haven't received any of Muzan's blood."

Kessei: "I know."

I gave her a confused expression. Then I realized she was still holding onto Ayano.

Akaza: "Would you let the child go?"

Kessei scoffed at me.

Kessei: "Now why would I do that? It'd give the Flame Breather a chance to attack me."

She looked at Kyojuro. He had his sword in his mouth and had his right sleeve pulled up. His left hand was gripping onto his right wrist. He looked to be in pain. The anger boiled inside of me. I looked up at Ayano.

Ayano: "H-help me.."

I took a step forward to attack Kessei's tail when Shoyo ran out of the crowd with a pitch fork.

Shoyo: "LET GO OF MY SISTER!!"

She stabbed the pitch fork into Kessei's tail. Kessei yelped and turned around.

Kessei: "Why you little!-"

Kessei slammed her tail into Shoyo, sending him into a wall. Me and Kyojuro went wide-eyed.

Akaza: "SHOYO!"

I ran over to the crowd and picked him up. He was semi unconscious and couldn't move. The impact from her tail probably shattered some of his ribs. I laid Shoyo on the ground and got up. I looked back at Kessei, but saw a golden figure appear behind her. Kyojuro had taken this chance to attack Kessei from behind. Even if he had been poisoned, he still gripped onto his sword.

Kyojuro: "Flame Breathing, Second Form: Rising Scorching Sun!"

He sliced her lower back open, since he wasn't able to reach her neck without any sort of jumping boost.

(Side note: Kessei's lower body is all serpent, and she has a big ass tail. She's about 20 feet in length. So when she's like "standing" straight up, she's at least 7 feet tall.)

She screamed in pain. Her grip on Ayano tightened. She swung her tail back around and hit Kyojuro in the right arm. He yelled in pain. He was flung back, and landed on his side. He dropped his sword next to him and coughed out blood as he gripped his right arm. The poison was growing and was almost at his elbow.

Kessei: "Alright you're really starting to get on my nerves.."

She took a vial of liquid out of the inside of her kimono. She grabbed the vial with her tail, spun around and flung the vial over at Kyojuro.

Kyojuro: "!!"

Kyojuro's POV:

I tried to get up and dodge the vial, but my throbbing arm wouldn't let me. I closed my eyes and shielded my face. I heard a small glass shattering but I hadn't felt any impact. I heard a grunt. I looked up to see Akaza standing right in front of me. He had shielded me from the poison.

Kyojuro: "A-Akaza!"

Suddenly, the stomach butterflies came back. He saved me. Unlike him, I'm not immortal so I probably would've died if he hadn't shielded me.