Chapter 5: Kamakura

(I'm gonna start using "Kyojuro:" instead of "Rengoku:" when he talks)

I stared at him. He's seriously that into me that he'll give up his immortality for me to like him..? Damnit, my heart started racing again. How would he even be able to be human again? Then again, Tanjiro is trying to find a cure for Nezuko, and since Akaza was most likely turned into a demon by Muzan, if we find a cure, it could work on Akaza as well. He could actually become a human again. But still.

Kyojuro: "It's not like we have a cure, Tanjiro is still trying to find one. During that time, you'll still have to eat people, and I just can't accept that yet."

Akaza: "Well, how about I just eat people who commit suicide? But it can only be men, not women. I don't eat women."

Kyojuro: "That's....oddly nice? I mean, not for males but nice for females. And I guess since you'd be eating the person after they're already dead, I guess that's alright. Still unsightly, but better than killing them yourself."

Akaza: "I guess. You're okay with that right?"

Kyojuro: "Sure, but I ain't watching you eat."

Akaza: "Okay! So it's settled. You'll let me travel with you?"

Kyojuro: "I guess."

I yawned. It had been a long night and I'm sure the sun was gonna rise pretty soon.

Kyojuro: "I don't have a wooden case for you right now so you're gonna have to leave. The sun is starting to rise."

Akaza: "I-i.. But where will I find you again?"

Kyojuro: "Hmm.. Do you know a town called Kamakura?"

Akaza: "I think I've been there a few times, yeah."

Kyojuro: "Meet me there in a week, alright? And try to cover up completely."

Akaza: "Alright, but a week? Do I really have to wait that long..?"

Kyojuro: "Well first, I have to return to headquarters. Then, I have to discuss with the other Hashira about you. Then, I have to build a wooden box for you. Then, I'll have to travel to Kamakura. All that will take at least a week."

Akaza: "What if the other Hashira don't like our idea..?"

Kyojuro: "Well, after I come get you from Kamakura, I'll have you personally meet them. Obviously, there will be a lot of hate, but if they see how much info- I mean how much you're attracted to me, they might comply."

Akaza: "Alright.."

Kyojuro: "Anyways, the sun is coming up. You should leave."

Akaza: "Yeah. I'll see you in a week I guess. Till then, Rengoku."

Akaza backed away and waved goodbye, then ran deep into the woods to escape the light of the day. I stared at the woods until Tanjiro came up to me.

Tanjiro: "Rengoku, we've reunited everybody. No casualties."

Kyojuro: "Good."

Tanjiro: "I assume Akaza left since the sun has risen."

Kyojuro: "Yeah, but I told him he could stay with me."

Tanjiro: "But why? He's killed so many people.."

Kyojuro: "I know, but a lot less people will be killed if I can convince him to help us fight Muzan."

Tanjiro: "Well, he would have vital information about the other upper moons."

Kyojuro: "That's exactly why I let him stay."

Tanjiro: "But.. then you'd just be using him. If he finds out, it might not end pretty."

Kyojuro: "Well, of course we're not gonna tell him that."

Tanjiro: "Alright.."

...

Akaza's POV:

What the hell just happened? I seriously just traded my immortality for him. What is happening to me? Why am I so.. Head over heels for him? I can't believe he let me stay. I thought he was gonna decline again. As stupidly excited as I am right now, wanting to tell everybody, I can't. Muzan will have my head on a stick if any word of this gets out. Damnit. Me and Kyojuro are supposed to be enemies. Yet, something about him makes me not want to be the bad guy anymore..

I ran for about an hour, before I was safe in a dark area in which the sun hadn't risen yet. I decided to walk for a little while. I walked into another set of woods. I remembered there was an old empty house nearby somewhere. I walked around until I sensed a great amount of demonic power. I followed the energy and found the abandoned house. I hopped inside. I walked down the hall before I saw a dimly lit bedroom. I opened the door and saw an infinite labyrinth of shifting rooms and stairs.

Akaza: "Castle, sweet castle."

I jumped in and fell onto a living room. I jumped from room to room until I found the epicenter of the castle, Nakime.

Akaza: "Hey, Nakime."

Nakime: "Evening, Akaza. How did the Train go?"

For me, the Train went better than expected, but obviously I can't tell her that.

Akaza: "Well, a Hashira and a few of his accomplices, including the child with the Hanafuda Earrings, showed up. Enmu was doing well for a while, but in the end, he still died."

Nakime: "Aw. How unfortunate."

Akaza: "He was weak anyways."

Nakime: "You said a Hashira showed up. Did you kill them?"

Akaza: "I was about to, but the stupid sun started to rise. Wasn't able to get the job done. He was a very formidable opponent. He was so worthy that I actually asked him if he wanted to be a demon. Of course he said no, so we fought. I asked him his name as well."

Nakime: "What was his name?"

Akaza: "Rengoku Kyojuro."

I tried my best to not sound lovey dovey.

Nakime: "Well, maybe next time you find him, he'll change his mind being a demon."

Akaza: "Maybe."

I walked away from Nakime and sat down on a dining room. I watched the shifting rooms. I wondered how the other Hashira would react to our decision.

...

Sanemi: "ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE!?"