Chapter 17: Charcoal and Wood

Akaza: "He what."

Kyojuro chuckled and then grunted in pain a little.

Kyojuro: "It's fine, I can deal with it."

Senjuro: "I-I'll go get some bandage wrap.."

Senjuro got up and ran down the other hallway. I walked over to Kyojuro.

Akaza: "What's your dad's name again?"

Kyojuro: "Shinjuro."

Akaza: "Ah, well."

I snapped my knuckles.

Akaza: "I am going to terminate Shinjuro."

I was about to walk past Kyojuro, but he put his leg in front of me.

Kyojuro: "Don't. As much as both of us want to, don't."

I looked at him.

Akaza: "Why not?"

He scoffed.

Kyojuro: "Because that's murder, and as a Hashira, I'm gonna have to kill you for that."

I let out a long sigh.

Akaza: "Fineeeee.."

I grumbled. But his dad is a bad person, why shouldn't he die? Kyojuro started taking off the top of his uniform.

Kyojuro: "Ow.."

Akaza: "Which arm was it?"

Kyojuro: "Thankfully not my arm recovering from the infection."

Akaza: "Well now you can't use either of your arms."

Kyojuro: "I can use my recovering arm, It'll just hurt when I use it."

He tried pulling off his sleeves, but grunted.

Akaza: "You need help?"

Kyojuro: "...Sure."

I carefully helped his broken arm out of its sleeve.

Kyojuro: "Take the other sleeve off, will ya? Even having a sleeve on the recovering infection kinda stings."

Akaza: "Yessir."

I took his other sleeve off and his uniform shirt draped down. Of course, that meant he was now shirtless, so I tried not to look at his abs, but yet knowing he was shirtless was enough to make me blush.

Kyojuro: "?? Akaza? What is it? Are you good? Your face is pink."

To not make it suspicious, I looked back at him. When I did, I felt my face heating up even more because everytime I looked at his abs, I was reminded of the kiss.

Akaza: "Yeah I'm alright. I just.."

I looked at the light outside and it gave me an idea. I quickly came up with an excuse

Akaza: "I think it's getting sunnier outside. I think it's making my skin react."

Kyojuro: "Oh, well then move over by the corner. It's darker over there."

I did just that. Senjuro came back into the room.

Senjuro: "Bad news. We've run out of bandages for- AAAAAA WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR ARM!?!?"

I guess we hadn't told him about the Demon Snake fight and Kyojuro's infection.

Kyojuro: "Oh, well I just came back from a mission and during that mission, I got infected by a Snake Demon."