Five

I woke up the next morning, with no idea where I was. I remembered going out, I remembered doing lots of shots, but after that was a blank. My eyes were sealed shut with sleep and my head was banging. I needed a drink. My mouth was so dry, but I couldn't pull together the energy to move.

I felt someone move beside me. I wasn't alone. I turned over and prized my eyes open. Through the haze, I could see a man lying with his back to me. I couldn't see his face, but I could see he had good arms.

I had flashbacks of last night. I remembered meeting him in the club, getting a taxi, and pulling at each others clothes. I remembered being pinned down to the bed and the way he felt inside me. But I couldn't remember his face, or his name.

I mustered up the energy to roll out of bed. Whoever he was, I didn't want to hang around for the awkward conversation that often followed the morning after a one night stand.

I looked around the floor for my clothes. I managed to pull them all together and got dressed. Without a last look, I left his apartment and stumbled out on to the street, still a little bit drunk from last night.

I had no idea where I was. I walked to the end of the road and realised I wasn't all that far away from home.

I had a few hours to sleep before my evening shift, so I got straight back in my own bed when I got in and went to sleep.