Twenty- Two

I hadn't seen Angel in person since our little photoshoot. I felt a little uncomfortable seeing him after what had happened, but he was my best friend, so I needed to get over it. We met at a bar in town, once again, a long way from the gay village, where I was no longer welcome. I talked him through what had happened at my audition. After a few moments, I forgot about the events of that day and we fell back into our usual routine.

'So basically tomorrow you have to go into that room, and do a random guy whilst he films you?'

'That's basically it, yeah.'

'How do you feel about that?'

'Reluctant, of course. It was one thing having him film whilst I played with myself, but another with someone else. I'm worried I'll get there and not be into the guy.'

'What would you do?'

'I dunno. Do him anyway, I guess.'

'What if you can't?'

'I'll just close my eyes and think of someone else. If I get the job, this is all part of it. I'll no doubt be working with a lot of guys, some I'll be into more than others. I can't imagine them employing anyone who isn't totally hot.'

'I guess. Your job is basically going to be having sex with fit guys. I'm so jealous.'

'I haven't got the job yet.'

'No, but you've got a call back. They wouldn't have done that if they didn't like your first audition. I tell you Milo, unless you do something to really fuck this up, it's in the bag.'

I didn't want to get my hopes up too high. I really wanted the job, so if it didn't work out, I had a long way to fall. But Angel was right. They must have liked me to call me back. I wondered how many other guys they'd called back. Did Kai, the guy who auditioned before me have a call back?

I only stayed out with Angel for a couple of drinks. I wanted to be fresh for my audition.

As we left, he kissed me on both cheeks and wished me good luck.