Two

Gary was my boss. He was the best boss I could really ask for. He was in his early forties, decent looking for his age and was generally a really nice guy. He knew I preferred the night shifts, so tended to let me work what I liked. If there was a shift I couldn't do, or I needed to finish early or start late, all I had to do was go to his office and ask him. He never said no.

Okay, so I had to do slightly more than just ask.

I knew some of the other guys who worked there didn't really like me, as they knew I was his favourite. But I could live with that.

I also worked with Angel. He was my best friend. He was little over five feet tall and really skinny. He started working at the bar the week before I did and we got on straight away. We spent so much time together, both at the bar or hanging out at each other's houses, drinking wine and talking about boys. He was the same age as me, mixed-race and liked to wear girls' clothes. I think the reason we got on so well was because there was absolutely no attraction between us. We'd never hooked up with each other and never would. He was my sister.

That was another reason I liked working at the bar so much; I got to hang out with my best friend every day.