One

I fucking love my life. It's not exactly how I imagined it to be, but I was making the best of it. I moved to Manchester last year to go to university. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, but I knew this was the place I wanted to do it. Manchester is known for it's amazing gay scene and I wanted to be part of that. I came out as gay last year and I've been loving the life that goes with it ever since.

I came from a small village in the middle of nowhere where everyone knew everyone else's business. I was the only gay kid there and I'd outgrown it long ago. I wanted to meet other people like me and I could never do that if I stayed there. I knew I had to get away, so going to university was the best way to do it.

I got a job in one of the bars in the gay village as soon as I arrived. I needed the extra cash as my parents weren't exactly rich. They were farmers. They got by okay, but they weren't exactly loaded. I figured it would be good to get a job the help take some of the financial burden from them. But that wasn't the only reason. I figured getting a job in the gay village would help me meet other people and really make me part of it.

I found a job in my first week there. I'd never worked in a bar, but I could tell the manager, Gary, really fancied me. I assumed that was why I got the job, but I became an awesome barman, so I knew he didn't regret taking me on.

After a few weeks I knew further education wasn't for me. I think I already knew that, but was so desperate to get away, I thought it was my only option. I asked Gary if there was any chance of a fulltime job and he was able to give me some extra hours. I dropped out of university and became a fulltime barman. It was the best decision I ever made. I loved my job.

I got to party and chat to hot guys every night of the week. They bought me drinks and I often went out with the new people I met after my shift. Often I'd end up going home with them at the end of the night.

I didn't make a lot of money, but it was enough to pay my rent and bills. I got let into clubs for free as I knew all the door staff, and never had to buy my own drinks.

I knew I couldn't live like this forever, but I'd got plenty of time to work out what I wanted to do with my life. I was only eighteen.

My life was good right now and that was all I cared about.