Episode 04

Drama: Shen Wei is under suspicion of the recent crime. Shen Wei gets hurt but heals instantly (dumb Yunlan!). Later he hurts himself on purpose to not make Yunlan suspicious (dumb Shen Wei!). And basically everyone at SID is in danger during this episode, ie. being kidnapped.

Zhao was watching his subordinates questioning Shen Wei with mixed feelings. There was truly something suspicious about this man. He precisely discovered Zhu Hong's soft spot of not being fully evolved as a member of the Snake clan, which made the young lady very furious. He was even not afraid to reach out in an attempt to touch Chu's puppet doll. What a foolish idea to begin with! Shen Wei was weirdly knowledgeable and daring. Yet Yunlan did not believe he was involved with the recent cases. Even though they found him lurking around the crime scene.

"I will be straightforward and ask you one question only."

The expression on Shen Wei's face changed.

"The recent serial killing and the cases before that... Are they connected to you?"

Shen Wei replied in an instant with simple and resolute "No" and for the first time that day Yunlan saw his eyes soften with sincerity. 

"Fine."

Since that short moment in the interrogation room, Yunlan's life became a mess. He kept on dreaming about Shen Wei's innocent expression during the night, and longed for it during the day. He could keep his mind busy with work during the days, but the night time was solely in the hands of his imagination. And it became more and more dangerous. 

The dreams started off as simple short repetition of the happenings, but soon the scene started changing. In some dreams they actually discovered Shen Wei with a weapon and he still kept on denying the crime. Other presented Shen Wei as the actual victim. And then there were those dreams where it was just the two of them in the dark room... 

"I will ask you one question only. It is very important."

The expression on Shen Wei's face changed and he leaned forward.

"Can I trust you?"

Shen Wei replied with a soft "Yes" and took hold of Yunlan's collar to pull him into a kiss.

"What the heck?!" Yunlan sat up on his bed, heart beating in a marathon rhythm. He looked around to make sure he was alone and fully awake. Fingers reaching up to his mouth he muttered: "What did he do to me?"