Episode 13

Drama: A wedding goes wild, but Shen Wei puts a stop to it with one blow. Yunlan is enraged when he sees Shen Wei on the crime scene again, but Shen Wei keeps on playing innocent. Yunlan plans a joke/trap to make Shen Wei reveal himself in front of him. In the end, they collaborate to get to the villain by pretending Yunlan shot Shen Wei.

Yunlan pulled the trigger and the bullet shot from the barrel with a speed not visible to mere human eyes. But Shen Wei's senses were not of a mundane origin. He saw the bullet rotating in the space between him and Zhao, making its way to his chest with precision connected to the gun designed to locate and eliminate all dark powers in the direction of the shot. 

He could feel the horrifying power as the bullet inched closer in the air. It gave out a soft hum and as the distance shortened the chill grew, biting to his bones. The revolver and its projectiles would not kill him at once, but certainly cause a horrid pain. And for a split of a second Shen Wei thought of letting the bullet rip his skin, deep into the muscles. The searing pain will be his own punishment. For letting Yunlan down. For lying to him. For upsetting him immensely. Shen Wei blinked to the man who still hold the gun and saw a teary glaze over his irises which was not there before. 

Does it pain you so much to point a weapon at me?

As much as Shen Wei desired to just burn all the guilt inside of him with the help of the bullet, he had to be more responsible. Yunlan needed him and his self-harm act could make Shen Wei immobile for longer than anticipated. So he gathered his powers and when the bullet neared he redirected its aim. The silver projectile slit into the wall behind him with a hissing sound. Still, Shen Wei folded on the floor as if he was shot dead, listening carefully for the cue Yunlan turned the tables.

Notes:

Okay, I had to give this short scene a deeper insight as we might question whether the Black Envoy truly got shot. The bullet did not cause him any injury AT ALL, even his suit was crispy and clean when he got up. So this is my solution for that :D 

I forgot how good that scene with the gun is!!! Shen Wei's strict gaze gives me shivers.