Episode 37

Drama: Old Li dies after attack at SID. Chu makes Guo realize his newly gained power is in fact a good one. Yunlan finds the Guardian lantern at SID in old boxes, but the lantern is missing its wick. The members of the SID team splits to do their individual tasks. Zhu Hong becomes the chief of Yashou tribe by sprouting a wood. Lin Jing finds himself in the stomach of Yezun.

"That is a lot of unpacked items," Zhu Hong noted while seeing the pile of dusty boxes no one ever opened since the renovation of SID. "How come you never clean your things properly?"

"Until now no one really missed those things, right?" Yunlan threw his hands into the air.

"Yeah, except for the lantern," Chu poked.

"I forgot it was there!"

"You are getting old," Da Qing said. "Should I get you some herbs to keep your memories intact?"

"You are the one to joke about this, cat... Okay, let's have a look, shall we?"

Yunlan took the top box and placed it to the side, opening it for inspection. The others followed his example and started rummaging through the boxes in search of the Guardian lantern. Soon the space around them was filled with bubble wrap, books, folders with documents, photo albums and other items no one missed till now.

"Are you sure these are things belonging to the SID?" Da Qing asked with laughter on his tongue. "This is for sure not on the SID's itinerary." Everyone gathered around to see what he found. A pink teddy bear carefully wrapped in a knitted blanket laid in the box Da Qing picked.

"And here we thought Chief Zhao is a tough guy," Chu chuckled and gave Yunlan a merry smile. 

"That... that is not mine!" Yunlan shrieked and snatched the teddy bear and blanket from Da Qing, cradling it in his hands.

"Oh, Chief Zhao, is this maybe..." Guo's voice trailed off when he showed what he found in another box. It was an ancient looking Aladdin lamp.

Yunlan clacked his tongue. "No, that is not it."

"Do you think it can grand wishes?" Da Qing took hold of the lamp and polished its surface. "Come on, genie, come out." There was a soft murmur coming from the lamp, so Da Qing polished it once more and deep purple mist started seeping from inside. "It works!"

Shen Wei frowned, the mist smelled of dark energy and he did not like it. "Maybe we should not-" He was cut of by Da Qing's loud scream when the lamp started glowing, from soft yellow to orange, burning the poor cat's paws.

"What the meow!?"

The lamp fell to the ground with a loud clank and imprinted its red-hot handle on the wood. It took only a second or two until the wooden floor caught flame.

"Fire! Put out the fire!" Guo shouted and grabbed the blanket Yunlan was still holding to try and hush the fire away with it.

"Do not you dare!" Yunlan growled and pulled the blanket back.

"We are going to burn to ashes!" 

Shen Wei sighed, adjusted his glasses and then raised his hand to put the flame off with his power. Smoke filled the air when the flames died, painting the wooden floor under their feet pitch black color.

"This is not a toy!" the Chief snapped at Da Qing, staring on the lamp. He was contemplating whether to touch it or not. Luckily for him, Chu was more sensible. Using his strings, he threw the lamp into a box and then packed it away. 

"Guo, write -do not open- on this one," Chu tasked the younger man to ensure no one will ever try to summon a fire genie.

Notes
It was hard to actually find a scene I could write about... and I think it will become even harder in the upcoming episodes. But do not worry, I am keeping my promise of not writing about anything sad!
The next episode will be covered on the 31st :)