Episode 38

Drama: Yunlan connects with the past using the Hallows. Guo broadcasts to everyone. Yezun tortures Shen Wei. Yunlan and Guo goes to Dixing via a secret portal. Shen Wei's wounds are not healing anymore. Guo is controlled by Yezun. Yezun tortures Yunlan in front of Shen Wei. At the end Shen Wei jumps in the way when Yezun wants to hit Yunlan with dark energy.

"Changcheng," Chu approach the younger man. "I am not going to keep you from going, but you have to come back..."

"Do not worry, brother Chu," Guo smiled weakly. He did not fancy the idea of returning to Dixing without Chu after his experience there, but the responsibility towards the dead people and their wishes won over his own fears and insecurities. "I will be back for sure."

Chu returned the smile with sad eyes. How he wished he could accompany him to Dixing. The last time Guo went it almost cost him life and Chu tested his sanity at the thought of loosing him. It was the last drop he needed to finally sort out his feelings towards Guo.

Chu took out the puppet of his brother and handed it carefully into Guo's hands. "Take him with you." 

"I cannot."

"Be obedient!" Chu scolded him. "If you are in troubles, he will come out to save you in my stead." Chu put the puppet around Guo's neck and let his hands sit on his shoulders.

"Chu..."

"Do not forget the promise we made," Chu reminded him and Guo nodded. After this war is over, they will move in together. Guo still had to accustom to calling Chu with a different name than "brother", but it was just a little obstacle he knew is possible to overcome. He could not wait to start their life together. Just the thought made his heart overjoyed, so he leaned forward and hugged Chu tightly. 

"Wait for me here," he whispered to Chu's broad chest and got a deep hum in a response.

Yunlan cleared his throat loudly. "We shall go or else this thing will close."

"Right," Chu pulled Guo away. There was no more to say. Nothing would express his mixed emotion at that moment. He squeezed Guo's hand and then let go, watching him enter the portal after Zhao. 

Notes
Zhu Yilong did such a marvelous job playing twins where each of them has a different personality! 
Did you see Shen Wei took Yunlan's hand to lead him out of the palace? Ok, maybe it was by his wrist, but let's pretend they actually hold hands.