Episode 27

Drama: We learn about the past of Da Qing and Mr. Li. Yunlan, Shen Wei and Da Qing visits the laboratory and Shen Wei realize they are inventing a serum to turn humans into Dixingians (to create superhumans). When they go thru evidence storage, they find out the syringe from previous case is missing. Guo and Chu have a walk after grocery shopping and they both save Guo's uncle and aunt from Sha Ya. Shen Wei has a meeting with Yunlan's father which does not make Yunlan happy at all. Poor Lin Jing...

And so here they were again. In a car, with suffocating atmosphere, Yunlan's lips tightly shut in anger and Shen Wei looking nervously out of the window.

"Deja vu," Yunlan thought. He wondered to what extend will Shen Wei do things behind his back. Yunlan's rough guess was that he will keep on doing this for an eternity. And he was not sure whether to fight Shen Wei to stop acting like that, or keep on living with the thought Shen Wei is always doing something he would not agree with without telling him.

"Do you keep in touch with your father?" Shen Wei asked at least. 

"Surely not as much as you do, it seems." Yunlan's voice was bitting.

"I think... you shall contact him."

"Just tell me what you discussed and I will be spared that visit."

Shen Wei frowned. Yunlan had a very icy relationship with his father, but he should know. "He had a surgery before the festival and still did not seem to be fully recovered."

Yunlan tightened his grip on the steering wheel. 

"He told me today when I asked him why he looks so unwell," Shen Wei explained. "Yunlan, he is your only family..."

"I...," Yunlan exhaled heavily, defended. "I will give him a call." His mind was busy thinking. Who was the last person that told him to get in touch with his father because he is not getting any younger? They had so much work with the recent cases, that Yunlan pushed that to the bottom of his mind. Learning just now that his father had a surgery made him anxious. He had only one father after all.

"Yunlan..."

"I said I will contact him."

"That is not it," Shen Wei looked at him. "Is there another reason you do not want me to meet with him?"

Yunlan bit his bottom lip. "He does not approve."

"He is very dedicated to his work. Of all the people... I would think he understands why you also keep on working at SID."

"Understands me? Bullshit," Yunlan snored. 

"Then what..."

"He does not approve of us. Already tried to talk me out of seeing you several times."

"Ah," Shen Wei slowly nodded. He always thought of the relationship he had with Yunlan's father as a business-like cooperation. They both had one goal and that was to keep Yunlan safe. It was enough for Shen Wei to keep in touch with Zhao Xinci. He never considered the fact the man can actually oppose their relationship.

"He seemed... content about our relationship."

Yunlan looked at him for the first time. "Maybe your doings behind my back can bring something good after all.

Shen Wei gave him a soft smile.

"But that does not mean I support what you are doing!" Yunlan said firmly and averted his eyes back to the road. "You are going to report me each and every single time you are in touch with my father."

Notes: Attention, Da Qing sported all-black clothes in this episode!

Any ideas what led to this change?

Also, is it only me or does Shen Wei's glasses look purple at some angles? I have noticed it in previous episodes as well

Also, is it only me or does Shen Wei's glasses look purple at some angles? I have noticed it in previous episodes as well. They are black, but sometimes appear deep purple-ish as well - especially around the lenses.