Episode 29

Drama: SID are doing all they can to find Yunlan's father in time and of course they make it on the last minute.  And we get to know why the owner of the Merit brush is so evil now. Ye Zun, that bad boy, gets out of his prison. Shen Wei goes back to Dixing, while Yunlan stays at SID. 

Shen Wei took hold of Yunlan's arm and led him away from others. When they were behind the corner Shen Wei's grip changed to a softer one, but he was not letting go.

"I have to go back to Dixing."

"I will go with you then," Yunlan said.

"No," Shen Wei shook his head. "Your place is here. You have to guard the hallows and keep the stability here."

"I cannot let you go there alone."

"You have to stay here," Shen Wei looked him in the eyes. "Just promise me one thing, no matter how long I will be there, do not go to Dixing."

"What?"

"Promise me, Yunlan."

Yunlan's jaw tensed. What was this heavy feeling on his chest now? "If something happens, you have to let me know, Wei."

Shen Wei's hand touched Yunlan's. "I will do my best to see you again soon."

"That is not a promise," Yunlan watched Shen Wei's face, searching for untold secrets that man might hide from him this time again. "Wei, promise me, you will not do anything stupid."

Instead of replying Shen Wei leaped forward and hugged Yunlan tightly. Yunlan's arms automatically enveloped the other man and he inhaled the aroma of freshly ironed clothes. For some reason, this hug was different. The urgency and fear was palpable in the air.

"I love you," Shen Wei whispered into his ear. "For thousands of years and more." He pulled away and quickly locked his eyes with Yunlan before making his way towards the front door where he already activated the portal to Dixing.

Yunlan saw his back and his heart ached. What if this was their last goodbye? He made a few long steps, took hold of Shen Wei's hand and yanked him back into his arms.

"You are not leaving just like this," he smiled before locking his lips with Shen Wei's. The kiss was soft at first, then became desperate. When they pulled away for air Yunlan caressed Shen Wei's cheek. "I will wait for you."

Shen Wei placed a careful kiss on his forehead and after giving Yunlan a warm smile he disappeared in the blackness of the portal behind him.

Notes:

T_T