Episode 36

Drama: Yezun visits SID headquarters. Yunlan broadcasts to the whole city and includes a hidden message in his speech. Guo meets with Lin Jing at the men's bathroom and Lin Jing tells him they planned his leave from SID with Yunlan, so that Lin Jing can steal the serum from the laboratory. Guo is injected the serum and then saves the Hallows. Guo realizes his newly gained powers.

Guo frowned when the pain hit his arm and immediately spread across his whole body. He has been vaccinated before, but he never experienced such a painful needle before. Luckily for him, the sufferings did not last long as he fainted shortly after the crazy scientist pushed the serum into his body.

The next time he woke up, Guo was laying on a medical chair, still inside of the laboratory. His hands were secured with thick leather belts and his legs must have been as well since he could not move them much. The throbbing in his head did not stop and the sharp laboratory light did not help him to cease the agony. He laid there, with closed eyes and his body snapped here and there as his human cells fought back the Dixing virus.

For some time, he could not gather his thoughts to process the situation properly, but when he did the first thing that came to his mind was Chu.

"Would... he worry... when... I tell him?"

Guo could almost swear he felt his embrace in that moment and began thinking what kind of magical powers he will obtain. He saw and experienced all kinds of unnatural skills while working at SID, but he never thought the time will come for him to have his own. He was always so useless, would a superpower make him more useful for the team?

"That is... if I survive... this."

Guo spaced out and an image of Chu appeared in his vision. Guo always wanted to know more about Chu as he never really talked about himself, what he likes or dislikes. Guo kind of liked the idea of hearing people's thoughts, especially in case of Chu. Maybe he will learn something very interesting if he could read Chu's mind. He could invite him over for his favorite meal or do not bother him with things Chu in facts hates. He would know when Chu only jokes around and when he is serious. Guo thought he could bring this power to some use. Not only with Chu, but also in his work at SID. How many murderers tell plain lies? How many people hide things from others?

But then he realized he would hear everyone's thoughts and probably could not choose when to stop it. The image of Chief Zhao came to his dream. Guo would never want to know what that man thinks. It would either be something nasty about his subordinates or something naughty about the professor.

"Everyone needs their privacy," Guo concluded to himself and imagined he could have unnatural strength instead. He would be able to defend the poor and scared with a pair of strong arms. Would Chu like him like that though? He once told Guo that he kind of liked the skeleton shape of his body. If Guo gained muscles...

His eyes shot opened and the searing pain returned. Li Qian was watching over him with a worried expression. Guo realized he cannot read her mind and not even his muscles grew bigger. He sighed in relief. He will have to wait for his powers to appear. 

Notes
Shen Wei is dressed-down again in plain shirt and coat only. Guo trying to awake his power was hilarious.