Episode 06

Drama: Shen Wei helps to investigate a case of vanished fiancé. Chu gifts Shen Wei a decoration with hidden camera (given by Yunlan). Shen Wei is "saved" by Yunlan at night. Yunlan breaks into Shen Wei's apartment.

Yunlan looked around the apartment in astonishment. The neat place with pleasant familiar smell truly belonged to the mysterious professor. "Not only he lives in the same neighborhood. He lives right across the hall!" 

"Do you think it is a coincidence?" Daqing asked while sniffing around the place. 

"I do no longer believe anything connected to Shen Wei is a mere coincidence," Yunlan said while starting to rummage through the books and documents on the table. "He lives so close... How come I did not see him before?"

"Moved in recently?" Daqing offered a reason.

"But look around, it seems he has been living here for ages."

To that the cat could only give a nod and continued looking for proofs in the bookshelves. They were not even sure what exactly they were searching for or what they expected to find. It was Yunlan's abrupt idea to go and "have a look" when he got hold of the professor's lecture schedule (which he triumphally pinned to his office notice board). 

 "Look!" Yunlan gave out a pained hiss. "He collected information about us!" He hold up a file with SID information in it. Flipping through it it contained the history of SID and the bio of each team member.

"Why are you always in the center of attention?" Daqing meowed when he saw the rather thick file about Yunlan only.

Yunlan grinned despite feeling uneasy about their discovery. "Because I am charming?"

...

Shen Wei walked down the hallway in steady steps. He was very glad his last lecture has been cancelled and he could go back home to watch over Yunlan from distance. But when he turned the corner to his apartment door he noticed the difference. First it was the recognizable cologne still drifting through the air. Then he heard the voices. One of them was engraved in his mind for eternity. He could have never mistaken the voice of Zhao Yunlan. And it was coming from across the hall of Yunlan's own flat.

"Did he actually broke into my apartment?"

When Shen Wei stopped in front of the door there was no mistaking it was Yunlan's voice. His heart skipped a beat. The key slowly turned in the keyhole and Shen Wei pushed open the door carefully. There was no one in sigh, yet the cologne's aroma intensified. 

"Where are you?"

Shen Wei took a few steps in and his senses told him Yunlan and Daqing were hiding on the balcony.

"You want to play hide and seek?"

He made a few more steps in the direction of the balcony and a soft smile appeared on his lips when he heard Yunlan's heart beating faster. 

"Your heart is still beating strong because of me..."

As much as he wanted to see Yunlan being trapped in his brain while trying to come up with a plausible excuse for breaking into his place, Shen Wei decided to let it slip and act as a normal human being. He crossed the distance to his table and fished in the drawers for some random files, acting as if he forgot some important lecture materials. 

"This time. I will let you go... This time only."

Shen Wei put the file into his bag and adjusted his glasses. For a moment he thought of locking the balcony door. Being forced to climb down four floors would be a good punishment for Yunlan, but it was at that time that he heard almost inaudible whisper coming from Yunlan's mouth.

"Go away."

It was a soft whisper filled with mixed emotion. Fear of being discovered, plea to let go and the pain of a trapped animal. Shen Wei's heart gave him a squeeze in his chest.

"Soon you will never want me to leave."