Chapter 1- New Workmate

Writer~San: And here we are!!! *confetti cannons* It's time to start so I hope you like it. Also good job to the artist of this picture TwT
.
.
(~Your POV~)

I looked down, scanning each item for the last customer in line. Once the register determined a price, I repeated it, "That'll be eighteen dollars and seventy eight cents." The customer paid with a twenty dollar bill and then thanked me, "Keep the change." I smiled as they grabbed their groceries and walked away, "Thank you! Have a good day!"

"Y/N." I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned, responding, "Yes ma'am?" My manager stood behind me, "Good afternoon, you're doing great. Could we discuss something in the back for a second?"

'I'm not in trouble... right?'

I nod, "No problem. Give me a second." I turn back to my register and quickly switch the assigned number light off, that way people would know my register is closed.

"Alright, all set!" I twist back to my manager, Aria. She messes with her bright red hair, smirking, "Okay, right this way." She guides me to the back of the grocery store and into her office. Not gonna lie, I'm a little nervous. She's always been really nice to me so I'm not scared of her.

'But what is this about?'

I step in and that's when I see a small skeleton sitting in a chair right to my side. He has bright blue pupils hovering in his dark eye sockets, immediately locking onto me.

'IT'S ALIVE-'

Startled by it, I jump and take a sharp breath in, "oH gEeZ-" I clear my throat and mentally slap myself, "Sorry- um.. Hello."

'It's a monster. Wow. Never really saw one this close.'

The skeleton smiles, squinting his eyes a bit, "Hello human! Did I scare you?" Miss Aria closes the door behind her and I giggle, replying back to the skeleton, "A little."

My manager steps in front of her desk, facing both of us, "The company wants to try out a new program where monsters can intern and work here. The only condition is that while these conditions are being put into place legally, they need a supervisor. Sans is wanting a job here so Miss L/N, I want you to be his supervisor."

'Oh? OH- WHAT?!'

I stutter on my own words, "M-Ma'am, I don't m-m-mean any disrespect but.. I don't t-think I'm in any position to teach or even tell someone how to do their job. I just started here last year!"

Miss Aria playfully scoffs, "And did you have to teach yourself how to do your job?" I reply without hesitation, "No, you had a few of the employees help-......." Aria has an enthusiastic grin on her face, her point proven.

'I've been set up.'

She turns and signs some papers on her desk, "It's settled then. You'll be getting a raise for your extra hours. I expect you to show Sans around and get him used to how things work." Then, she turns to Sans, "Feel free to ask Y/N any questions, okay?"

He blinks and excitedly stands up, his large pupils turning into stars, "THANK YOU SO MUCH! Do not fear, for I, the magnificent Sans, will do my absolute best!!!"

I turn to him, trying to hold back my laugh.

'What??? He speaks of himself in third person? His eyes are pretty cute though.'

The manager and Sans continue to speak about hiring terms and work documents, so I end up staring at him most of the time. He's wearing some casual clothes, jeans and a grey shirt. A short, bright blue scarf is tied around his neck.

'Does he have to wear kid's sizes because of his height? Wait a minute- Y/N STOP BEING RIDICULOUS!'

"Y/N." Hearing my manager call me, I internally panic.

'YoU WErE STAriNG!!!'

I flinch and whip around to face her, nearly throwing myself off balance, "YEs?" "I need you to sign this document saying you agree to these terms." She states, handing me a pen. I nervously grab it, taking a look and finally signing the legal agreement, "Right, thank you."

Once that was done, the small skeleton named Sans joyfully outstretches his hand to me, "I look forward to working with you, human! I promise to do my best!" Smiling with him is contagious as I politely shake his hand, "Thank you, and it was nice meeting you. I'm sure you'll do great in no time."

(~Time Skip Few Days~)

I quickly rush down a few isles, giving a quiet greeting to any customers I passed. Finally, I find Sans across the store. As I approach him, he turns and smiles, "Hello Miss Y/N! I just finished organizing this shelf. Does it meet to your standards?"

I give him a nod of approval, "Of course..! I can't believe you did it so quickly too. Um.. Anyway, we're getting a bit of a lunch rush and I was wondering if you could help out by the registers..?"

"Absolutely! The Magnificent Sans can master any task! Leave it to me..!" Without saying another word, his pupils turn into stars and he rushes towards the storefront. I smirk, wondering how the heck he could be so excited.

I get a little anxious around people but Blueberry makes conversation look so easy. There's just something about him that brightens everyone's mood. He'll start up a respectful conversation with practically any of our customers. Then, Sans assists them with finding a special sale item or even everything written down on their lists. No task is too big for him to handle, even though he's on the shorter side in terms of height. We've gotten a lot of good feedback because of him.

'He's the perfect employee.'

"How's the day going so far, Y/N?" Aria inquires, standing by my side. I flinch and turn to her, nervously rubbing my arms, "Everything's doing very well, especially Sans." A smile grows on her face as she explains, "You did a good job with training him. He was able to do tasks on his own in only a matter of days."

I shrug away the compliment, mumbling, "It's only because he caught on so well. I didn't really have to teach him much. He's really..." My mind draws a blank for a second, so Aria arches an eyebrow, "Let me guess, magnificent?"

We both laugh for a bit before I nervously question, "Was the complaint settled with that one group of troublemakers this morning?" Aria's sense of joy faded into a sigh. The manager put a hand on her hip and turned to the side, overseeing the store, "Yeah, I had to be a bit blunt, but they shouldn't be giving us any trouble if they want to continue receiving service here."

A group of people came in earlier, verbally abusing and cursing out the store and it's management. You would think it would be for some reason like bad service or food quality, but no. It was for one insignificant and rude reason. The fact that they were offended that Blue, a monster and the only monster I might add, was allowed to work here.

Instead of taking offense or even defending himself, Sans tried to reason with them and even listened patiently as they threw insult after insult at him. I really don't understand how he stayed so joyful and calm, even after they left. Two minutes in and I swear I could've punched one of them.

Aria runs a hand through her hair, mumbling, "Some people just can't accept the change. Everyone has to be the same as them or else...... The sad fact is that as long as jerks like that exist, no one will ever get along." Snapping out of my thoughts, I quietly nod and hum in agreement.

.
.
Writer~San: 1300+ words for the FIRST CHAPTER! Not a bad start! Well, hope y'all liked it and hope to see you further into it.. pwp Have a good day/night!