Chapter 22- Calming Her Fears

Writer~San: Hello! (^ ^)~ I just want to take a moment to say thank you to everyone that's concerned for me. I know I've been posting LoNG chapters daily and it's freaking everybody out, lol, but I'm actually doing okay! Writing comes very easily to me when I have it planned out and finally get into my reserve of intense motivation. Plus, I have no work this week.

Me: *shrug* ( ・∇・) okay then-

That's why I've been able to invest this much time into these last chapters. Secretly, I've had this ending planned since tHe dAwN oF TiMe- Not actually.. I'm not a god (pwp), but you get my point! Cya~
.
.
(~Your POV~)

I still couldn't believe that Papyrus was really in front of me. For a moment, I can't even tell what's real. Yet, it seems that somewhere in the universe, life or something else heard my cries and really did spare me a chance for mercy. I got that second chance that I pleaded so hard for.

Honey and Blueberry decided to stay overnight. Blueberry's sleeping in a chair, tucked under a blanket with Pap's blaster snuggled beside him.

I watch the moon from the window, staring off as I usually do. I was brought back to reality when Papyrus taps me on the shoulder. I turn to him, "Y-Y-You're back."

He sighs with a smile, "Yeah, there weren't any snacks left in the vending machine like I thought. The nurses are really nice with giving directions though. Can't believe they really have to stay up all night." "Aww.. I-I-It's alright, I'm s-s-sure y-you'll get some s-snacks with S-S-Sans tomorrow."

"I'll show you what I did get though." He says, so proud of himself. He holds out two bottles, specifically filled with my favorite soda (or drink), "Remember I'd get you those two drinks on our second date?"

'Oh my god. That was practically forever ago!'

He remembered. Seeing that he wasn't dead was shocking enough today, but this is just too much. I give him a soft smile, causing Honey to blush and rub the back of his neck, "I know having our second date in a hospital wasn't exactly what we imagined, but I think we could still make it work... If you would still be interested in dealing with a guy like me.."

'Oh you're so mine-'

Before he can doubt himself any further, I grab onto his hand and gently pull for him to lay next to me, "It's p-p-perfect." He looks away nervously, sitting down beside me and setting the drinks on my bedside table.

I finally get to cuddle him, after so long. My mind is completely calm for the first time in a while. He wraps an arm around me, gently running his hand through my hair, "I remember how mad I was, when we fought. I thought I couldn't make things work. But when everything happened... I sincerely couldn't stand the thought of losing you.." "You k-k-knew I was here.. W-Why didn't y-y-you visit me?" I mumble.

I didn't say this with a certain tone or with the intention of putting him on the spot.. I would just like to know. The room's dim and quiet, so the calm atmosphere would hopefully give us a better chance to communicate than when Blueberry was awake.

Honey takes a deep breath, laying his head on top of mine, "Same reason that you wouldn't ask my bro about me after all this time. Guilt."

I open my mouth to speak but then immediately hush myself.

'He got me there.'

I never even asked. I was so convinced of his death that I didn't want to remember or relive it again. Turns out he wasn't even dead in the first place. "So h-how's it feel, to c-c-come visit someone in a-a-a h-hospital?" Honey looks around, "I never been on this side of it, with not being the actual patient.. So, it actually took some getting used to. I'm still really nervous to be honest.."