Chapter 17- You're Mine

(~Your POV~)

I let out a breath of relief. Fortunately, the temporary uniform fits.

"Okay, now you're set!" Aria smiles while quickly fixing my name tag. I look down sheepishly, expressing my gratitude, "T-Thank you." "Not a problem. Remember, my employees' manner reflect on my reputation as a store owner too. So, get lots of rest and try to come to work in your proper uniform next time, okay sweetheart?" I nod immediately.

I can't help but still feel anxious. One problem is solved, but that still leaves another.

Miss Aria steps back, consoling me, "Don't worry, you look great." "It's not that... Has Sans-" "Told me anything? Not at all. In fact, he hasn't shown up to work since that day you left. I know I'm your boss and there's a whole privacy agreement that I'm legally enforced not to break. But also being your friend, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know what I allowed you to do in the first place."

I guess I should tell her. I mean, I don't want her to worry or jump to the wrong conclusions. So I did. I explained everything from a few days ago when I saw Honey again, up to right now.

By the end, Aria looks lost in thought. "Is something wrong?" I asked. "Not really. I'm glad that you're allowing Papyrus to live his life and all. That's great and I'm happy for both of you.... I just don't completely agree with your methods."

"Methods?" I question, tilting my head. She sighs, nervously pulling at her hair, "You separated him from his brother. It seems like you two are fighting over custody of Papyrus rather than talk things out and come to a healthy compromise that helps all three of you."

'What is she talking about? BLuE is The ONe that decided to be aggressive about it!'

I'm confused, but I'm also kind of hurt that she would suggest something like that.

"Papyrus and I decided on this together." I state, getting a bit defensive. Miss Aria holds her hands out in front of her, explaining, "Don't get me wrong, I completely respect that. My point was that you should talk to Sans, or at least Papyrus should. If I was him, I wouldn't want the things between them to get so contradicting or last for so long that they grow apart. They are the only family that the other's got, Y/N.. Please.. Think about it.."

I stay quiet, looking away from her.

'She doesn't understand. Stretch needs me right now. I'm protecting him.
........
Aria might not agree, but it's not her decision to make. It's mine.'

I hold back my resentment. Instead, I cut off the conversation, walking through the doors, "I have to work now, see ya." "R-Right.. See ya, Y/N.."

(~Time Skip~)

"Hey! I'm back!" I call out, tossing my keys on the kitchen counter. Honey steps out of his room to meet me, "Hey."

I take a short breath in, "About before-" "Nah, it's alright. I guess I went a little too fast for ya. Sorry." He pats my head in a hesitant gesture, but then breaks eye contact and pulls further away from me shortly after that. I grab his hands, pulling him back to me, "Pap, you didn't let me finish."

He nervously looks at me again, so I make sure to smile. "You were trying to relieve my tension because you knew Sans might be there too. I see that now, and it was so sweet of you. I'm sorry for running off."

His cheeks glow orange as he smiles too, "Dang... You're so smart and beautiful. How did I get so lucky to have someone as perfect as you?" "I already know. You don't have to keep reminding me." I tease, followed by some giggles.

"So, how'd your pajama day at work go? Heh."
.
"Embarrassing, but Miss Aria helped me out."
.
"It never would've happened if you just would've listened to me~"
.
"Mmph.. I know.."

I hug onto him, burying my face into his hoodie. "I really am sorry though. I didn't mean to embarrass you." Honey repeated his apology. His fingers gently trace through my hair, giving me butterflies in my stomach all over again. He calmly says, "I want to try a different approach this time." I reveal my face so I can ask, "Okayyyy.. What is it?"

"N/N, can I kiss you?"

The house erupted with my flustered shrieks.

"Y/N, calm down. All you have to say is no if you're not ready." Papyrus laughs, holding one arm around himself. My face is completely red, I just know it! I let out a drawn out whine, covering over my face with both my arms, "nOw???"

'Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod-'

"I-I'm not even in p-proper clothes!" I squeal any excuse, embarrassed as heck to be standing here in nothing but fuzzy pants and a t-shirt.

'My first kiss, and I'm not eVeN PRePared!!! THIS IS NOT MY DAY!'

I suddenly feel Pap's arms wrap around my waist, pulling me back to him. He's still laughing a little, causing me to freak out more.

'What the heck am I supposed to say?!'

"It's perfect then. Someone once told me that people look more attractive in their pajamas."

"That... YOU'RE TWISTING MY WORDS! YOU LOOK GOOD IN THEM-" Papyrus interrupts, "Why thank you~" "PAPyRuS! WouLD YoU jUsT SToP bEInG sO HoT ANd LiStEn to ME?!" I scream, erupting into laugher.

Honey's face turns pure orange as he laughs with me. The moment soon passed, and things calmed down. Stretch brushes my bangs to the side, "Well? Your answer?"

...

I sigh, responding through a smile, "Yes, Pap. I'd love to have my first kiss with you."

The rest of that moment was kind of a blur. We both said 'I love you.' I felt his arms tuck around my back, dipping me back ever so slightly. Our heads drew close. Everything was serene and almost felt unreal. I wrapped my arms around his neck and then we shared the kiss of a lifetime~

Until the peace was interrupted with the sound of shattered glass. We both flinched, glancing away to find out the cause. His blaster, of all times, chose now, at this exact moment, to smash open the cookie jar. It stares at us both with wide eyes, frozen in place like it wasn't expecting that to happen. Thanks to the laws of gravity, the cookie jar slid off the counter while he was trying to pry it open, and instead shattered it into a thousand pieces. Just like that, my paradise is interrupted, and the reign of terror of being a blaster mom is back.

"God, please give me patience so that I may not kick the blaster outside in the rainnnn." I groan, throwing my head back. Papyrus laughs, pressing one more lingering kiss on my cheek, "Don't worry, Beautiful. I got it this time."

'Hold on a minute. So soon?'

I smirk, "You mean after we finish this, right?" Stretch chuckles and his blush glows brighter in response, "Perhaps~" Instantly, I have my hands softly cup around his cheeks. I pull his head back towards mine, and we kissed again~