Chapter 9- Honey's Day Part 1

Writer~San: This art style... IS FREAKING ADORABLE!!!! No kidding, one of my favorite pics I have of Honey. Many free hugs and love to the artist!

(" pwp) . . . . .

AGAIN I LOVE IT SO MUCH OKAY BYE—- *slams door*
.
.
(~Your POV~)

I knock on the door to be greeted by Blue, "Good morning, Miss Y/N!" "Morning! Are you guys ready?"

He puts his hands on his hips, "Of course! My brother, however.." I expected Blue to immediately call out Papyrus' laziness as an excuse. Instead, Blueberry calmly walked back inside and waved for me to come inside as well. Curious, I follow him and whisper, "Did he seriously fall asleep?"

'Really? Now of all times?'

He stops and shakes his head, mumbling, "He's a little nervous about leaving." I silently mouthed 'Oh' and looked down the hall to the bedrooms.

Blue messes with his scarf, keeping his voice down, "I can see that it's partly my fault." I softly pat him on the back, "You're just worried for your brother, that's all.... I'll go have a quick chat with him."

"Papy's bedroom is the last door down the hall to the right. I hear that the park is the perfect location for humans to set up picnics. It's an activity that is highly recommended. So I, the magnificent Sans, will do my best to pack a perfect and healthy assortment of snacks!" Full of inspiration, Sans sprinted into the kitchen like a vibrating blur of speed. This is definitely one of those rare times that he's the most excited I've ever seen him.

I grin at his enthusiasm. He's not wrong. The park in town is beautiful, and it was actually one of the stops I wanted to make.

Silently, I head down the hall on the right side of the living room. It's been over a month of chats and visiting both bros, but I've actually never been in this part of the house. This hall was actually where I spotted Papyrus for the first time.

I reach the last door and softly knock on the door, teasing a little, "Pap, don't tell me that you're already regretting this and planning to stand me up." Everything was quiet for a few seconds, giving my mind time to think.

'Over a month.. has it really been that long?'

The door slowly opened a few inches with Papyrus standing or hiding behind it, "I'm not.. I just-.. I don't know. Don't worry about it." Unfortunately for Honey, I know him a lot better than I used to. I lean against the doorframe and tell him, "When you're quiet and undecided, it means something's up. Talk to me. What's going on?"

He breaks eye contact with me, looking at the floor, "I don't think I can go out there." I keep myself calm and collected, answering with a soft yet determined tone, "Stretch, I know you can." He still looks a bit anxious and unconvinced, so I take a deep breath before continuing, ".... It's only for a day. Your bro and I will be with you at all times. We're going to have fun and so are you, I promise."

He sighs, "Y/N, I don't know how to really explain this but the only safe place for me is here......... Look.." Papyrus opens the door a little more, but still partially hides himself from me. He pointed straight across the room at a large box next to his bed. It's high tech machinery for sure, having a similar design to an air conditioning unit or fan. Tubes are stretched out from it and attached to two large metal cylinders.

'Are those oxygen tanks??'

Confused and thinking out loud, I ask, "What is that for?" "Explanation without all the crazy scientific terms, it's an oversized air diffuser made to distribute large amounts of magic. It's.. It's for my soul deficiency.." Papyrus looked so upset and now I fully understand why.