Chapter 7- Stay?

Writer~San: HEY- I've been gone for a while. I'm sorryyyyyy ;w; Things came up.... Again.. Isn't this art cool though? >w< The dessert looks so good! Love it and great job to the artist! Anyways, hope you enjoy the new chapter too!
.
.
(~Honey's POV + Time Skip That Night~)

The movie comes to an end, and the credits roll past the screen. Y/N, who was so assured that she had to see my reaction to it, is fast asleep and cuddly as ever. She softly nuzzles her face further into my sleeve. This made my face heat up even faster as I scrambled to think of practically anything.

After everything that occurred this afternoon, Y/N got some medicine for me... Not that it would help much anyway. I definitely didn't want to sleep after my unfortunately-happens-way-too-often suffocating episode. It's a common side effect of my illness and I hate it.

'And I thought waking up from the genocide nightmares were bad.'

Now every time I sleep or only want to take a nap to relax, I take the risk that I might wake up to witness my own prolonged death.

'Is that all I'm here for? To suffer?'

Y/N's arms suddenly squeeze tighter around me, causing my body to shudder in a small flinch. All thoughts left me and I peered down out of curiosity. Her (h/c) hair became more irresistible to touch.

'It looks so soft, and it fits her so well. Even if she wanted to change it, I'd still think she's beautiful.'

I reach my hand towards her head, softly tracing my fingers past her cheek and throughout her hair. Y/N seems to be really comfortable or too much in a deep sleep to mind. Her body actually relaxes further and she readjusts to be even closer.

On the other hand, I suddenly realize the new topic of my thoughts and tense up. The blush on my cheeks becomes way more noticeable. I shake my head and reevaluate.

'The main factor is that I'll support her as long as Y/N's happy and it's not harmful to her...... So why are you talking to her? You already know what's going to happen. You're going to hurt her, the longer you do this.'

Discouraged, I swiftly pull my hand back and turn my head away.

'What am I doing..?'

It scares me when the front door abruptly swings open, "Brother! I'm home!!!" Unable to pry myself out of Y/N's cuddles, I sit there in complete embarrassment and mumble, "Hey bro. H-How'd it go?"

"It was okay." Sans walks to the front of the couch, now getting a full glimpse at my situation. He exchanges looks of excitement and also confusion, "Mweh heh heh! BrOthEr, How'd THiS happen?~"

Flustered, I blurt out the first thing that comes to mind, "BLaME thE mOvIe!" My brother arches an eyebrow at me, "Um, okay..? Should I be concerned about the content you choose for entertainment?"

I slap my hand over my face, "Nah, just forget what I said." When I look back to him, I notice something odd. He doesn't have anything with him.

'Didn't he say he was going shopping?'

"Hey bro, is there stuff you need help carrying in?" I quickly ask. His pupils shrink a bit. Then, he looks in the opposite direction and pauses awkwardly, messing with his scarf. Obviously, he's hiding something and can't make straight eye contact with me. I immediately catch onto the behavior and sigh.

'He lied.'

"Where were you really? Undyne's again?" "Papy, we were so close! All we need is a few more tests and we'll have the cure! Sure, she had setbacks and I had to pay for more supplies to start from scratch again which was frustrating but-" "Sans, I told you to stop. All the previous tests on me or aNyBoDY ELsE only made things worse..! She's giving you false hope because she won't admit that she can't!" I interrupted him in a firm and negative tone of voice. I can't hide that I'm slightly aggravated about this.

'I won't get better. Why does he keep wasting time and money on me? He's miserable..'

I knew I had pushed it too far when Sans bursts into tears and starts screaming back at me, "WELL, UNLIKE YOU, I WON'T ADMIT THAT YOUR SITUATION IS HOPELESS! I WANT YOU TO LIVE, PAPYRUS! I DON'T CARE WHAT I HAVE TO DO OR FOR HOW LONG!!! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST TRY TO CARE?!"

Sans turns away from me and continues to cry. I rub my temples, plagued by guilt and now a headache, "Sorry." By now, it's inevitable that another person woke up to join the conversation as well.. Y/N. Her voice takes a worried tone as she sits up, "What the heck is going on?"

(~Your POV~)

Hearing Blue argue with Stretch was definitely a concerning thing to wake up to. I exchanged firm glances to both brothers, demanding one of them to answer my question.

Honey rubs the back of neck and sighs, "Sorry Y/N, we didn't mean to disturb or involve ya with all this." "Well now you have. Papyrus, I know it's hard to accept it but we really want you here. You're making it harder on Blueberry when you won't even believe in yourself. Yes, countless years and changes in treatments can be frustrating, but you need to see what works and what doesn't."

Next, I turn to Blue. He's wiping away his tears and still trying to calm himself. So as not to make his overwhelmed emotions worse, I make my point as gentle yet to the point as possible, "Sans, you're stressing yourself too much. Whether it be working, cleaning, or these errands with doctors; you're taking away valuable time that you could be spending with Papyrus. He's grateful that you want to help him but sometimes he just wants to hang out with you! Not only that, but your brother is concerned about your health too..! There needs to be a balance, or you may end up regretting it later."

Both brothers stay quiet for a while. This made me a little nervous, maybe I overstepped a boundary.

Out of nowhere, Stretch gives me a tight hug from the side and chuckles, "Y/N, when did you get so smart?" My face turns red and I smile nervously, "What are you talking about? I just- I don't know. I said what anyone else would say. Maybe I read too many quotes on my phone." Soon enough and I realize I'm rambling, flustering me even more.

Honey then turns to his younger brother, who still seems pretty distant, "Hey bro? I'm really sorry... again.. How about- um.. We order some dinner and you watch a movie with us?" Blueberry sparks with excitement, nodding, "Sounds great! When can we start?!"

My heart skips a beat. I quietly stutter, "W-Wait.. You w-w-want me to stay f-for dinner?" Papyrus' cheeks turn a tint of orange again. After a moment, he tilts his head to me and smirks, "Um, I mean, if you want to. My bro's found a few decent places that deliver food in this area. Since I fell asleep the first time and then you fell asleep during the second, maybe we can get through a full run of that movie you're so proud of. Sans will get to see it too-" Filled with euphoria, I interrupt by tackling him onto the couch in a tight hug, "YeS!!! LET'S DO IT!"

I giggle with confidence and smack his shoulder, "We WILL get it this time! You need to stop rubbing your laziness off on me." "Not my fault you were so cuddly." He teases.

I shriek and smack him again, had completely forgotten about that. Blue smiles and rolls his eyes, "Alright then! You two fight over who's cuter, and I'm going order food."

Surprisingly, both Papyrus and I heard that loud and clear. We get completely flustered. I would've fallen off the couch if it weren't for Papyrus quickly catching me and pulling me into his lap.

My voice comes out in a whine as I tense up, "ThaNk YoU buT yoU aLsO AREN'T HELPING!" Honey chuckles, "Sorry, I just really don't want to share ya with the floor." I get embarrassed, turning completely around to face him, "WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!" Stretch only laughs in response, his face turning a shade of orange brighter than I've ever seen on him.

'Well at least he's having fun, even if it's because he's playfully teasing me. Gosh, his personality is too adorable.'

For the next few minutes, Papyrus wouldn't let go of me. Well, I wouldn't get off or let him either. It's really warm and comfortable! Blue smiled and teased us the entire night. Because of that, I couldn't get several questions out of my mind about myself and Papyrus.

The food got here and everyone relaxed to watch the movie. However, I couldn't even focus on that, but only on one single question.

'Do Honey and I really act like a couple?'