Chapter 12- Miscommunication?

Writer~San: ANd We'RE BAcK! ARt TOO! That, I love, but then it kills my heart at the same time. ("x x) You can probably tell by the title and pictures that we'll have a slight turn in atmospheres for this chapter. Welp, I got a longer A/N at the end of this so I might as well shut up now. Good job and credits of the art rightfully belongs to its artist! (TwT) *hides back in the void*
.
.
(~Your POV + Time Skip 2 Weeks~)

Quietly, I scan pricing and rearrange new items on the shelf. Work hasn't really been the same lately. Blueberry either found ways to ignore me all day or stopped showing up. Returning customers would actually ask for him, wanting to know if everything was okay. We'd tell them Sans was in the back with inventory, which was true most of the time. Even if he did work out in the front, I doubt he would be the same joyful person with our customers like he used to.

Blue's definitely avoiding me. All because of what happened on my date with Papyrus? I don't know what Pap told him in that conversation or what I did wrong, but now Blue is entirely different. No joy or hope, only secrecy, anger, and stress.

I had continued to make plans with Papyrus and we explored almost every inch of the town's cafes and shopping boardwalks. He even got to come here while I was at work and meet my boss, Miss Aria. I did worry about his health. He does tend to push himself to exhaustion sometimes. So, these little visits of his were kept short. We hadn't planned our second date yet since we had been meeting up so much.

But, Pap was still growing happier with each time I saw him... It felt like.. He could finally live again..

It didn't last long though. After a week, Honey stopped texting me altogether. I've tried contacting him but I get no response, not even a delivered or read notification. At first, I wondered if Blue had taken his phone. That idea was pushed aside, since Pap would most likely find another way to contact me if he really needed to. On one earlier occasion, Blue had taken the car. Well, nothing stopped Honey and he legit walked all the way to my workplace to visit.

Now, he was just gone.

As the days went on, my worry grew into extreme amounts of stress. I feared the worst. What if he had gotten really sick again? Was it my fault? Is Stretch okay?! Is he even alive? I couldn't sleep, so I rushed to find Blueberry at work the next day and asked him. Sans' eyes glowed brighter at the question, like I had struck a nerve just by approaching him. I could tell he was hiding his anger from me. He glared at me with annoyance for a while before muttering, "It's not your business." Then, he walked off and we never spoke again. It's been a few days since then.

Recollection of the memory made me pause. My heart sinks further as I put another row of bottles in their section.

'Not my business...'

I was shut out. Blue was the first friend I've made in a long time. Now, he hates me.

'It couldn't be because of jealousy.. Right?'

Blue was the one who encouraged me to text and visit Honey in the first place.

'He didn't immediately stop Honey from visiting me either. Unless Papyrus snuck out- WAIT THAT'S IT!'

I've been making Honey do all the hard work. Now it's my time to take a turn. I got an idea and I already know... It's completely crazy, but it'll work.

I rush to the back lounge and find my manager there, taking a sip of coffee during her break. I call out for her, "Miss Aria!" I get her attention. From her seat at the small table, she looks to me, "Hello Y/N. Is there something you need?" "Yes, actually... Could you stall Sans for another 30 minutes? Give him an extra task to finish or something?" Nervous as heck, I look at the floor.