Chapter 16- Responsible One

Writer~San: So. Freaking. CuTE! AAAAAAAAAA- *dead*
.
.
(~Your POV + Time Skip Few Days~)

"Hey- NoOO! Stay.. StAy.." I keep myself completely still, while Honey's blaster stares me down. He's a few feet away, making it just out of my reach. It has something I need. A small cardboard box is sticking out its jaws.

'It bites down any further and that package is done for.'

I don't know who the package belongs to, or where it came from. All I know is that I was going outside to check the mail and accidentally left the door open. I came back and now we're here. Most likely, the box is for one of the neighbors. That makes it crucially important that I return it to its original doorstep, unscathed. That is, if I can get it from the playful and needlessly stubborn blaster first.

It gives me a blank stare, slowly and quietly inching back towards the open front door. Immediately, I scold him and stomp my foot on the ground, "HEY! No! That's not for you! Drop it!"

Two seconds of silence go by, before the thing brutally injures my pride and defies my instruction. It whips itself around and zips straight into the apartment.

'This means war.'

"GOD DANG IT-" I sprint after it, slamming the door behind me. "CoMe HeRe!" It became a scuffle, with me stumbling and recklessly sliding across the flooring with nothing but soft pajamas and socks on. A big mistake for sure.

I check the mailbox in my pajamas. It's my routine! How was I supposed to know that today I would be involved in a house chase?!

Took a few minutes, and jumping a few pieces of furniture, but I finally started to catch up to the thing. Once I finally had him cornered in front of the couch, I scream, "AHA!"

'Got you now!'

I leap to grab him or at least the box, but the blaster dodged flawlessly. Despite its enormous size, it successfully flies above me and flees to the other end of the house. My outcome, diving head first into the couch.

"You know chasing him is pointless. It doesn't have any legs. Therefore, he's got no limits." Honey teases, chuckling as he watches me from his doorway. "It has a package that isn't mine! I don't want him to damage it!" I fuss, encouraging Pap to help me out anytime he wants instead of watching my failure.

Stretch smiles and reaches out his hand, "Well yeah, I don't want that either. That's because it's mine." His blaster approaches him. It obediently and gently sets the box in Pap's hand.

'All of that, for absolutely nothing.'

It's not the first time I've struggled with controlling his blaster, I can say that with utmost confidence.

I huff at Honey, a little disappointed of how I wasted my time, "And you didn't care to tell me?" "I was going to so that you could go get it." He states. He didn't properly finish that explanation. I throw out my arms with attitude, asking, "AnD?" "The blaster beat you to it." Papyrus laughs, bringing the package inside his room.

I cross my arms and look down, feeling the blush spreading across my cheeks. A wonderful reminder that I exerted and even embarrassed myself in such a clueless manner. Pap will never let me forget it either.

'Please tell me he wasn't filming that... What is in that package anyway?'

Curious, I approach Honey's bedroom. He's sitting on the edge of his bed, carefully unwrapping the box's content. He pulls out a plain, hardcover book. With Stretch flipping through it's pages, it reveals that it's completely blank on the inside. No lines to write on or words to read. Nothing. I know for a fact that Papyrus doesn't draw, so what's it for?