30- Meeting up

"You shouldn't go."

"He knows my mom. Plus he could be resourceful." I tell Franco while coming out the restroom. Recently Franco has been going to my room but not sleeping in my room.

Manny insisted we set boundaries, but Franco of course doesn't listen to half of them.

We haven't done the deed since the day before my wedding, or even sleep together. Manny wasn't comfortable with me with him but maybe eventually.

Who's knows?

I get to the diner and sit in a booth, waiting for the cop to arrive.

"Aetos Beros." He sits down across from me with a new badge.

I raise the badge I had and toss it to him. He catches it in seconds and smiles. "Gabby Vañe-Valúez."

I frowned, "you did a background check on me."

"Of course I did. Graduate two weeks ago, got thrown into jail twice for racing as a child. Mother died two and half years ago."

I stiffen my seating and a took a slurp of my milkshake. "Aetos Beros, moved over to América when you where 5. Originally from Germany, green card at 10. Two sisters, and you. Worked with my mother for five years at age 19. Impressive."

My mom was in the academy for police for three years, she started at age 16. Then was the most efficient agent out there. Resigned at 21. The year she left my father and stayed in América to become a accounted.

"You also did your background check. You definitely got your smarts from your mom, she was always smart with tech." He shakes his head and smiled.

I wonder if they ever liked each other. They were young, young love.

"I wanted to know if you knew anything about keys."

"A door key, a safety key, car key, mail key. Kind of a need the specifics."

"The breach key." His jaw clenched and looked to the left for a second then back at me.

"Who do you work for?"

"Who do you work for? When I looked you up, your badge was no where to found. Your not FBI, CIA, your kind of agent from the government that are not even on files."

We both leaned back on the booth. "Smart, I'll
give you that."

I smirk at him, and he shakes his head. "Breach key, what do you know?"

"Valúez is a very unusual name. It's also connected to the biggest crime criminals in Mexico which seems to be connected to the one in Texas, or, two chains. Now this what we are going to do, either you tell me who you are? Or, I arrest you right now."

Why is he making this hard on him?

I pull out my phone, and insert a number. "What are you doing?" The phone rings and I put it in speaker.

"Hello?" The girl answered my phone, Aetos raised a eyebrow.

"Hi! Julie right?" Aetos face goes pale and blinks several time.

"Uh, yes. Do I know you?"

"Of course not, but your brother talks about you way too much. I saw pictures of your baby shower, you looked adorable."

"Oh! Yes, it was awesome too see everyone there. Are you together with my brother?"

"Fine." Aetos said and I smirk.

"A friend. Keep the number, name is Gabby. I would love to hear more about your baby shower and your man. Chow." I end the call and place the phone away.