A past ghost

The sun is turning a pretty pink colour with streaks of gold and royal blue running through. The slight cool breeze contrasting the warmth of the setting sun. Feeling the warm glow on my white cheeks.

The winter night surprisingly mild with my lovers shoulder softly rubbing against my own. The silence is deafening as it screams my sins, my murder. Yet the warm sun seems to warm me up as I stare at the sky. The birds flying in the distance creating black shadows

'You're still as beautiful Frank.' I hear his voice, I turn to him with a weak smile. 'Inside as well as out.' He adds while he touches my shoulder with a soft hand. I inhale 'how can I be? With this dirty blood in me?' I say sadly. We come to a halt, Gerard's hand securely around my shoulder, just below my neck.

'Frankie.' His voice slightly cracking. 'Don't be ashamed, please. It's who we are and you can't change that. However, you can be the amazing person you have always been.' His nose slightly red from the fresh air. 'I always hunt the wrong in the society Frank. I know who I kill.'

My shoulders seem to feel lighter slightly. I look up to him, eyes glazed over. 'Who was he?' I ask, still feeling the alien blood being pumped through my veins. The black fridge casts a shadow over his face as he looks down yet I still see the glimmer in his beautiful eyes. 'Gary Stevenson, killed his Girlfriends brother. Never got caught.' He smiles slightly and it seems to relax me. Makes me feel a bit less guilty.

We start to walk again at a slow pace. The trees shake softly in the breeze causing the leaves to make a rustling sound. I kick a nearby stone with my black converse, watching it roll across the path.

'Why didn't he get caught?' I ask still watching the stone disappear into the green grass to my right. 'Ran away, luckily I was there when he killed her, I've been watching him for a while now.' I nod simply. Noticing a hole in my shoe. ' I can do this. Its difficult but I will.' Rolling my head to the side to Gerard. He nods back. 'I know you will babe.'

His arms makes its way around my back and across my shoulder, pulling me into his side strongly. Feeling the warmth radiate from him.

By the time we get home the sky is a darker colour and the breeze is bitter. Gerard places the key into the lock, it clicks loudly and the door swings open. The hallway is dark and I chuckle as Gerard clumsily reaches for the light switch, stumbling over some shoes with a 'shit!'

I laugh as he falls to the floor. I turn on the light switch and help him back up. 'Thanks.' He chuckles before holding my arms at my side and kissing me. I blush pushing into him.

He grins as he leans back. 'You taste so good babe.' He licks his lips. 'You do to.' I say sheepishly still very red. With soft hands he leads me to the kitchen were he boils the kettle. I sit on the counter while he makes me a coffee. He hands it to me and I cup it with both hands, feeling the heat slightly numb my hands.

'If ever want to talk more about today you can Frank. I'm always going to here for you.' He sits on the table across from me with his own mug to the side of him. The steam slowly driving up.

'Thanks.' I smile 'it's just hard. I've been a human all my life and now I'm eating them.' Gerard rubs his foot against the inside of my leg and smiles weakly. 'It'll become normal soon.'

With our abandoned coffee mugs left on the side we make our way up to the bedroom. The light flickers off, covering us in mostly darkness yet a single orange lamp glows in the corner. We get unchanged, Gerard's white skin glows in the light, showing every single hair and pimple on his body. I climb in next to him. His strong arms wrapping around me, the big hands holding my back. I snuggle my head into the bare chest. And that's were we fall asleep, legs intertwined.

The orange glow disappears and I'm soon in my own darkness.

'Why did you kill me Frank?' His ghostly voice causes my eyes to shoot open again. I'm back on the tree branch, back in the field, on the hill top with the sun beaming brightly and the birds flying high. Back with Peter.

His nine year old skin still soft and smooth whereas mine is worn. His eyes round with tears escaping down his plump rosy cheeks. The brown short hair shinning in the sun, not yet destroyed by the chemotherapy.

'I thought you were my friend!' He cries and I can't so anything but watch, feeling my own tears dribble down my face. 'Im..I'm so sorry.' His fists are clenched under his long blue jumper sleeves. The colour making his skin look slightly sickly and the white collar causing him to look so innocent, so sweet, so YOUNG.

'No your not!' He cries more, his nose bright red. I shake my head as my body trembles. 'I am' I speak harshly, sharper then I intended it to. 'What about Emily? You killed her too.' I inhale. He's right. 'And Gary.'

I frown at him. 'But he was a killer, so it was fine.' I sound unsure myself. My voice cracking. 'So you're as bad as him aren't you.' He cries bitterly, and so do I. Im a murder and I know it.