Pierced hearts and falling daggers

'You're discombobulated.'
I stop pretending I'm asleep to look at the apparently awake Gerard. Venting my eyes open, I see he's staring down at me with a frown. 'I'm what?' I flex my muscles slightly, shifting around. Moving black hair out of the way of my black circles that circle my drooped eyes. Gerard stares into my hollow cavities that used to hold my eyeballs. I feel the emptiness, what the dreams have sucked out of me.

Dark orchids have grown over night under my lashes. Aka sleep deprivation; my sleeping state terrifying me, keeping me vigilant and tense. Knowing I'm not alone now helps me to relax, with Gerard protecting me I know it will be fine in the end. With every night trauma comes the sweet mornings which I lay in those warm arms and protective hands, the ones that can demolish my inner demons with one single swipe. The lips that make them crumble with one single kiss.

'Well, you've been roaming the bed and gripping the bed sheets for ages. You're troubled.' Gently he leans over me, laying to my side. He kisses my head like he knows that's were my pain is centred, like he knows he's my medicine. I sigh as the stress physically leaves me. 'Why?' He asks, his voice as soft as his heart. I stare into his brown eyes, his morning drew making them glassy.

I bite my lip slightly. 'I'm nervous.' He strokes my black hair, tuning his fingertips through the slightly greasy strands. 'This is all new, I have no idea what to expect. It's a whole new world and I'm stepping in blind. Blind and vulnerable at that. I've got Bert hurting you, Bert trying to hurt me, leaving my whole life behind for something I have no experience with.' He removes his fingers from my locks and laces his hand in mine. 'I've got haunting dreams that loom over me to, I can't control them. They're crushing me slowly.' I admit, squeezing him tightly.

He runs his thumb continuously over my dry hand. Staring at it as he does so. 'Want to talk about it?' He asks, I sigh again. Am I really going to let him jump into the twisted hell I call a brain. Well, yes. I've never talked to anyone about them but no one has ever meant so much to me I guess.

'It's hard to put into words but it always includes me and people who I love...or loved. I always seem to do the wrong thing. Like what ever I do, I can't save them. I can't save them from myself because I'm a life ruiner Gerard. It's who I am.' He pulls me up a bit so I'm sitting up, directly in his strong gaze. 'If this is guilt from eating that human other day Fra..' 'No. It's not, well a bit but there is more to me than what you think you know.' I plead with him, scared of his reaction.

He looks at me worried, upset with darting eyes. 'You're scaring me Frank.' I breath loudly, exhaling out. 'When I was 9 I had one friend and we did EVERYTHING together. I remember this single tree in the nearby field where we would just sit for hours and just talk and laugh.' Smiling blissfully at the memory, staring into space.

'But then he got ill, being a kid I didn't know he had. He had. He...' I stutter, my smile dropping to a sorrowful frown. Gerard squeezes my hand again. 'Peter had cancer.' He finishes my sentence. Turning I look at him. 'How did you know?' 'Well I was there, looking over you.' He smiles sadly I lean into his shoulder lightly. 'It wasn't your fault Frank.'

'It was.'

'It wasn't. You can't control life Frank. And the ones that do....well they can control life but not themselves.' I look it him, confused. A silence lays I the room but it's comfortable and warm, like our thoughts are loud enough. His hair slightly tickles my forehead, I shuffle down so it doesn't touch my skin.

I think about my dreams to try to explain what I see to him. Should I tell him about him dying, tearing his heart out, coughing up his insides? Probably not. Then I remember last nights dream... '1005.'

'What?' His tone is sharp. 'Sorry I just just thinking.' I smile up but his face is unreadable. 'It was in my dream, I guy was taunting me. Telling me I was worthless......like you. He didn'to seem to like you at all.' Gerard's face is aghast, eyes wide with a almost insane spark in them.

'Frank. In these dreams, do you feel controlled. Like something else is there, that is overpowering EVERYTHING? Do your dreams influence you in real life, scare you into submission?' Gerard waits for my answer like its fucking life or death.

But that's the words I was struggling to describe. 'Yes.'

'Fuck.'
'FUCK!'
He jumps out of bed in a flash, grabbing my hand. 'Gee?' He runs a hand through his hair. He muffles, speaking to himself. 'We need to go. We need to speak with Grosvenor.' He pulls me to the wardrobe, grabbing my clothes and shoving them into my hands.

'Grosen what now? Gerard what's going on?!' I start to get changed, pulling my shirt over my head.' Frank. I, AH. there's no time, I was scared this was going to happen.' He quickly whips off his bed shirts to replace them with trousers. After a battle with my top I end up very out if breath and almost panting.

'What would happen? Gerard!' He grabs the bag (and me) before pulling me down the spiral staircase, through the twisty hallways and out the front door. I'm still half asleep and extremely pissed. What the fuck is happening?

Gerard shuts the door. 'Just trust me: you're in danger, going to Gorgenville is our only hope and I'm fucking freaking out.' I look at the door for the last time before turning around to meet a dark figure.

'Well well well. I wonder where you fags are going?' I can feel Gerard freeze in my hands. 'And I'm guessing, Gerard, that you've realised whats really going on.'

I look at Gerard for an answer but he just continues to stare daggers into berts head. He stands relaxed with black baggy jeans and a loose hoodie. His greasy hair hides most of his pale face with a real glint of evil in his eyes. I look at his hands in which he is holding a sharp stake which makes me step back slightly.

Bert slowly inches closer waving his stake around in his hands while making eye contact with me. He smiles when he sees my obvious terror. 'See, I want to take my revenge, do to you what you did to me. However, unfortunately I'm just the messenger boy. So here's the message:'

Gerard growls at him, I grip on tighter. 'Theres no where to run. He's after you and once he finds you, both of you that is, will be gone.' I whimper, nearly hiding behind Gerard now, holding his hand like he's about to evaporate. 'Anyway as sad I am to say goodbye, I need to wish you a grand farewell and a safe journey to your early graves.'

'Come here you son of a bitch!' Gerard launches himself onto Bert in a flash, I see them struggling around on the floor. Gerard ends on top of him, growling with red eyes, stretching to reach for the stake in Bert's hand. But as he does so he looses balance, Bert smashing him to the floor. I see him climb on top of him, stake raised high ready to pierce down into his heart.

I freak, 'nooooo' I fly into the back of Bert, wrapping my right hand around his front, using my left to reach for the stake. I see a Gerard struggle back, both Bert and I on his legs. I get hold of the stake, I know what I need to do. Bert whimpers when he knows what's going to happen. 'Aww don't cry babe.'

Quickly I over power his arm strength and the blade plunges into his chest. 'I'd save that for later.' He lets out a piercing scream that bellows out if him.' My hand becoming saturated with his red blood. His struggles slow and I feel my heart pumping out of my chest, his cold hand still wrapped around mine. As he goes limp in my arms I release the dagger and stand up, lifting the dead body off of a terrified Gerard.

I throw him to the other side, while I fall next to Gerard exhausted.

'Thank you. You just saved my life.'