Farewell. Bastard.

Mile after mile of New Jersey grime flys past in this bashed up old van that Mikey gave him before we left. Tear stains still lay on his pale face from the sad departure. He stares blankly out of the front window.

We reach the 'welcome to Newark' sign that shines in bright Emerald green colours that spark something that I've lost. Brown ripples line the borders elegantly with slight Golden highlights. It stands tall, the poles a smooth caramel colour. I miss her.

I am sorry.

Soon, cites fade away and morph into wide open fields. We pass a tall lonely tree standing sombrely on top of a golden field in the distance. Old oak crumbling, branches weeping. I turn away, my stomach turning at the sight.

I am sorry.

Trees become denser as we pass through the forests that surround the farm lands. A dead squirrel lays in between a wild foxes mouth. The fix freezes before running.Bang. Down it falls to the floor. A hunter dressed in black yanks it by the tail. Just because it's 'natural' doesn't mean it's right.

I am sorry.

Finally I look to my right. The nan I've changed my life for. And he doesn't even acknowledge my gaze.

I helped him back inside with strong hands, still shaking from the adrenaline from fighting. Bert's calamitous blood dried onto my skin.

Gerard fell onto the sofa abundantly while trying to find his phone in his back pocket.

I made coffee in silence. As I reached for the coffee pot I noticed the red remains that disgustingly stick underneath my short fingernails and around the creases of my skin. I tried to wash it off with soap but with no real prevail.

I heard Gerard in the next room. He was sobbing into his phone speaker, apologising rapidly to Mikey for not telling him something. It sounded like Mikey was pissed.

No, not just pissed but positively furious. I tried to listen in but the sound of the kettle boiling over powered the voice.

Once I had made the drinks I took them in slowly into the next room, just as Gerard hung up the phone. He ran a hand over his face, tears in his eyes. I asked him what was wrong but he simply shook his head before heading to the bathroom.

I sat there feeling the warmth of the mug in my dirty hands for a good 5 minutes before he returned with a different shirt on, one that wasn't covered in vampire remains. 'Do you want to change?' He asked, picking up the mug of the oak side board. I shook my head. After all, I don't have many shirts to chose from. Where ever we are going is going to be different with different people so I want to make an impression.

A silence fell heavily into the room, trees swayed at the windows, tapping gently against the pane. I asked him again what was wrong but once again my question was pushed to the side with a 'not now Frank' and a heavy sigh.

Then the door knocked loudly. It caused me to freeze up. Was it this person (for thing) that was looking for us? I hoped not. What was Gerard hiding? And why hide it from me?

Gerard walked to the door, looking through the window pane. He opened it before it was slammed right to the wall by the person outside. With opened eyes I watched intently.

Mikey then stormed through with Abi in tow. What followed was lots of 'how could you not tell me?' 'Why would you keep this a secret.' And 'he could of killed me!' Which were defended by ' I didn't want to worry you' and 'please I'm so sorry.'

Abi also had her swing at Gerard who was nearly in tears. She started screaming at him and his 'stupidity' and how he's probably 'doomed us all.' She walked over to me, she obviously saw my confusion or desperation for knowledge. 'Gerard you need to go if you want you and your boyfriend to live a happily ever after.' She said bitterly.

Mikey gave Gerard keys to his spare van as well as a hug. After all they are brothers who love each other deep down. Gerard asked him how they would get along. Mikey just responded with a 'you know us. We'll be fine.'

They left as Gerard fell to the floor in tears. I just sat still on the sofa, feeling so isolated it physically hurt. I didn't help him off the floor, I just watched as he picked him self up and held out a hand for me to take. I did not take it.

Instead I walked past him and stood at the blue passenger door waiting to be let in.

Was this a mistake? What am I actually doing here with thus monster? I mean the things I do know about him are bad enough but what scares me is these secrets that are maliciously hidden away from me like I'm a child. Or not important or relevant to know. Even if I have sacrificed everything for him.

But I still love him. The hardest decisions are the ones that are between your head and heart. Mainly because it's a loose loose.

What's even worse is the fact I see some of him in me. The way I have blood violently sprawled across my front and the way my fangs are so sharp and intruding in my mouth. And the way I crave blood from other humans like the beast he's forced me to be.

I shuffle in my seat away from him, I curl up and rest my head. Dreaming to fall asleep, to wake up and be back in my past life. But we all know that dreams hurt.

I drift away but i don't feel asleep. I feel controlled and I realise my dreams can't be dreams. I feel aware for the first time. I cant see or feel anything. I cant move or hardly breath. So i just lay still, like I always do.

'I'm close Frank.'
'I mean...this is not your fault.'
'its Gerard's sins you're paying for.'
'He took something from me.'
'Now I'm taking something from him.'
'But don't worry, Gerard will die to.'
'After all, we would hate for him to be lonely.'
'1005'