Chapter 4 : Operation Triangle

( English lecture in background )

"Akshit are you okay ?", Vinay asked.
"Try connecting these USB cable here", I chose to ignore.
"This isn't working. This needs the bigger machine you were talking about", Vinay said as he noticed it.
"Ya. So first we have to figure out what exactly that machine would be", I said as I flipped the part.

"Last bench, are you paying attention ?", Ma'am shouted.
"Yaa ya ma'am", I stuttered.

She rushed towards us as she saw us confused. Vinay tried to hide the part but it slipped off his hands and fell down. "What are you playing with ? Give it to me !", She demanded.

"It's nothing ma'am", I said.
"Hand it over I say !", Ma'am ordered.
Vinay picked it up and gave it to her. She went back and kept it on her desk.

"Vinay get out of the class ! And Akshit, come sit on the first bench", she announced.
"Doesn't anyone notice this partiality ?", Vinay muttered as he exited the class.

I sat on the first bench. Tanvi smiled, from the adjacent bench. Uh oh.
Ma'am was trying to calibrate the digital board. But it wasn't working.

Suddenly I noticed our confiscated part started to make a weird noise. It started to rumble.
"See a pigeon is flying !!", I exclaimed trying to divert everyone's attention.
"Where ?", Everyone got out of their seats to see it.

The part started to radiate lines in all possible directions. Some touched the board too.
"The pigeon will indeed FLY without any doubt ! And Akshit you too, get out of the class !!!", I heard.

I too joined Vinay and told him what happened. I peeped inside the classroom. The board was working fine now. I tried to signal Tanvi to get the part secretly. Tanvi noticed that and quickly snatched it from the desk.

I saw Avni looking at me in confusion.
This isn't what you think Avni, I thought.

The lecture got over. We returned to the classroom after apologizing to the teacher.
"Hey thanks Tanvi. Now give it back", Vinay said.

"Not so easily", Tanvi continued, "I know what you guys did. I saw this machine working. It started the digital board."

"Is it ?", I thought it was just a taser", Vinay smiled and tried to take it back.
"Tell me what is it first", Tanvi demanded.

"We really don't know seriously", I said cautiously.
"Ok. I trust you", Tanvi said and gave it to me back.

Avni came in all of a sudden. "Hey guys"
"Uhh. Avni. Hi...", I said. I glanced back to see Tanvi frowned.

"Can we talk later please ?", I asked Avni.
"Ok. You've got a new friend I guess", she said as she walked off.

"No. It's not like...", But she was already out of the sight.
"Hey, I'm like an expert on all this stuff. I can tell you what it is. If you like", Tanvi offered her help.

"Ya why not ? But we aren't giving it to you", Vinay said.
"Ok. I'll just take a photo", she said as she brought her hidden mobile from her bag.

"Fine. Go ahead", I said as I opened my fist to reveal the machine. A few clicks. That's it.
"Operation Triangle !", Vinay yelled.

I met Avni as we headed to our homes.
"Listen.. whatever you are up to... Tanvi isn't the right person for the job", Avni warned.

"Hey hey ! What do you mean ?", I asked.
"I know something's wrong. And I know you are hiding it from me."

"What ? No ! It's not what you think. Actually, we're working on a big project. She told us that she's an expert on such machines and their encoding."
"What machine ?"

"The one that we are building", I tried to smile and ease the tension that was building up.
"Ok then ! You don't trust me. Fine", Avni prepared to leave.
"No ! Listen. Avni !"

The Feel I Get (TFIG)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें