Chapter 6 : Deviation from reality

I grasped the triangle again as I saw Avni.
I threw it towards them unwillingly.

One of them quickly got it and ran out if sight. I heard siren alarms as reinforcements arrived. But the other guys...they were gone. The police started to scan the area. Dad too arrived at the scene. Along with Tanvi ?!

Avni dropped the gun and ran towards me. She started to cry. "They'll leave us now." Tanvi stood there. Unmoved.
Avni's expression changed as soon as she saw her. Avni grabbed Tanvi by her shoulder. Tanvi struggled to free herself. "It's all because of you, Tanvi", Avni punched her in the face.

"Heyyy", I protested.
"I'm sure you uploaded it somewhere. You can't do encoding !", Avni was furious. "Say something bitch."

"Enough of this already !", I yelled.
I felt a soft hand on my shoulder.

It was Avni's dad. But.. but how ?!
"I don't remember you being here", I said.

REALITY ISN'T DEFINITE. IT'S JUST WHAT YOU PERCEIVE.

"Hey Who said that ?!", I exclaimed.
"Stay away from my daughter. Only you are the reason she's not amongst us..."

"What ?! Uncle, there she is", I pointed out. Avni's face looked expressionless.
"This shouldn't have ended like this...", her voice started to disappear along with her.

"No. Wait. This ain't real !!! Come back !! AVNI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Present)

CODE 306. CODE 306.

I heard a beeping sound. I opened my eyes to find myself on a hospital bed.
I thrashed the machine that stung my head.
"Hey!", I shouted as I saw a shadow run through a corridor.

CODE 306. CODE 306. The beeping continued till I kicked it off to silence it.
But in the contrary, it restarted with a new code.

EVACUATE. EVACUATE. HIGHER ENERGY LEVELS DETECTED FROM THE SUBJECT.
"Where am I ?", I looked around. The door made a creepy cringing sound. I followed it. I saw a face. Quite familiar.

Maanav. A creepy smile on his face.

"Where's Avni ?", I asked. He didn't say a word. His smile just got more creepier.
"She's dead", he let out the cold words.

I punched him. But I didn't feel anything. As if he was transparent somehow.
I tried again. But still nothing. Suddenly, Maanav began to run away.

"Hey wait !", I yelled. A sudden gush of cold breeze left me numb.

I shivered as my knees touched the cold floor. "You couldn't stop her. I won, Akshit. I won"
Maanav played with the wooden plank he had in his hands.

"Life's so crazy, right ? One moment you feel as if you have everything you want in your hands. The next moment, you realize it's just a void, nothing but a sense of fulfillment in the disguise of emptiness...HAHHHHH!!!!!"

**CRACKKKKKK**

"Now, do you feel it ? The anger. The resentment I had. When she left me for a moron like you. Be honest with me, the Jehelgad forests still bring nightmares to you, isn't it ?"

My vision started to fade away again. My memories crowded up again. As my mind wandered into the past for the second time.