Chapter 16 : Avni's gift

Maanav was furious. He was just taking things out and thrashing things on the floor. Avni's mom was crying. So was my mom too.

Maanav saw me. "Aargghhhhh", he charged towards me and caught me by my collar.

"Your bastard, Akshit...", He punched me in the stomach.
I thrashed him in return, "Just leave me alone !!!"

I began to search frantically for Avni's gift. That teddy bear.
Everything was broken as I searched the bedrooms, kitchen, everything... He had destroyed everything.. Maanav...

That's when someone turned me around. Avni's dad.
"Akshit...", He said with anger. But soon he too broke down. "Please... Tell me where is my daughter ?", he pleaded with both of his hands folded.

"What are you doing, Uncle ?!", Maanav interfered. "He doesn't deserve this. I told you na, your daughter is behind a wrong guy, who doesn't even care for her. An irresponsible stud", Maanav smirked.

I was shattered now. "We should've believed you, son", Avni's mom said. Maanav grinned. I knew he was just acting, he wasn't influenced by any of these things. Avni was just another girl for him.

Maanav once again tried to hit me, "Where is Avni ?"
Now what do I tell them ? That's when I remembered something, the note - carry it with you throughout the party. If it's not here. It's definitely...

I punched Maanav in the face. "You are a fake person, Maanav. You came to the party even when I didn't invite you. Now I get it... the reason you were here...", I said.

He just stared at me blankly. By now, I knew he was behind all this. It couldn't have been possible without him. I knew Avni was a strong girl. She wouldn't have done something like this, all by herself.

"Akshit, why did you do this ?", My dad too joined the commotion now.
"Why didn't you tell us about her ?", Mom said with tears in her eyes.

"This isn't time for that", I said. I went towards Avni's dad. I held his folded hands.

"Uncle, don't worry. I promise you. I'll get your daughter back. Safe and sound. At your place, tomorrow morning", I said and prepared to leave.

Before anyone could say anything else, "That's a promise", I announced.

I left my house and searched here and there.
"I can't die like this... It's not fair", Avni's voice echoed in my head.
"Ahhhhh", I roared as my head pained.

I tried my best to walk upright and run towards the staircase. That's when, I saw some policemen standing near the stairs leading to the terrace.

They saw me running towards them. "Hey kid, you can't enter here", he yelled. "Stop, you can't go there, you'll disturb the crime scene", the other said.

I didn't care. I was still running. One of them held a stick in his hand trying to silence me.
He tried to give me a blow with that but I ducked and was saved. I dashed through the men.

"Let me go !!!!", I screamed. Once again, they all too held their heads with their hands.

I opened the door to terrace and saw wide terrace in front of me. The place where it all started.... It was gonna end here too...