Chapter 12 : The kiss

"So, Maanav knows about this now ?", Tanvi asked.
"Yes...", Avni nodded.

"How could you be so immature ? Akshit told you na, not to tell anyone. It could be harmful for our families."
"Don't worry, I know Maanav. He won't tell anyone."

"Looks like you got yourself a new crush", Tanvi grinned.
"No, it's not like...", Avni said.

"The college's closed for 4 days. Until then, we stick to our plan. Someone else came, killed all the people, and saved us. That's it", I said abruptly as I left.

I walked out of Suvarna, not knowing where I was heading to. I was already tensed.
"Hey", Avni called out.
"Didn't you go home ?", I asked.

"No, but Tanvi did."
"Doesn't matter", I replied as I turned back again.

"Why are you acting so matured and tensed ? Just chill", Avni brushed my hair with her hands. She just ruined my new hairstyle. But it's ok I guess.

"Let's freshen up your mood", she said and took my hand and started to walk. She was in her own world. Talking something. More like singing. Some of it didn't make sense. Neither did I care.

Whatever it was, it made me happy. Made me smile.
Forgetting all my worries..

Soon, we found ourselves at a café.
"And you know the best part ? The coffee has a chocolaty taste...", She didn't stop. "It's  the best... You know..."

I was just gazing at her.
"Akshit, you even listening ?", She said waving her hand in front of me.
"Yeah...", I said.

"What did I say then ?"
"It's the best. It's beautiful...", I said still staring at her eyes.

"What ?", She said as she leaned closer to me.
"The person sitting in front of me", I leaned closer too.

Our faces came closer. It was finally gonna happen. No Tanvi here, to interrupt. And here it...

But suddenly Avni backed out. "Sorry", she said and prepared to leave. She removed a currency note from her purse and stashed it into the bill.

"Hey, Avni. Wait !!", I yelled, but she didn't stop. I ran behind her and finally got hold of her.
"What happened ?", I asked.

"We shouldn't be doing this. It's not good", she said.
I gripped her wrist. "But why ?", I asked.

"I can't do this. Let me go !!", She exclaimed as she forcefully let her hand go. She had tears in her eyes. Within a few seconds, she disappeared in the crowd.

I texted her the whole day. Tons of sorrys. But still no reply. She didn't even pick my phone calls.

She started to post that 'devasted' quotes on her status and insta stories. Oh God...

I tried contacting Durva, but even she didn't wanna talk. I then called Devansh, Durva's BF and my good friend. Even he didn't have any idea about it.

Finally, I contacted Tanvi why was ready to listen to my story.

"Ok, first of all, don't panic", she continued. "It's all good. If she really likes you, she'll let it go off in 2-3 days. Don't stress much about it. Girls like Avni are too emotional kinda. Just let her get her own little space and she'll be fine."

"Even if you lose her, seems harsh I know. But you still have many people out there- your friends, family, colleagues,....me", she added.

"Thanks actually. Uh... I feel good now. Hey, where are you ? I can hear but machines behind you", I asked casually.
"I'm at the bus stop actually, there's no bus I think, due to the road construction."

"Ok, but where are you ?", I asked.
"Central plaza bus stop. But wh..."

"Ok wait, for like 5 min. I'll be there", I took the keys. Dad said something, but I didn't care.

I gunned the engine of my bike. ROARRRRR.!!!!!

I hurried towards Central plaza. It was near my house. There she was...

Turquoise T-shirt under that net like thing. Long hair- all curled up. Damn she looked h.. what the hell Akshit ? What are you even thinking ?

"Want a lift ?", I asked.
"Woah, Thank God", Tanvi said as she neared.

"Have a seat. Thanks for the tip by the way, I hope all gets along well."
"Let's go", she said as she she sat on the bike.

She directed me along the road. She was too happy today. When asked the reason, she blamed it on her mood swings.

Finally, her home came. I stopped the bike.
"Bye", I said. She glanced back.
"Why the bye ?", she said as she gave a smile.

What does she expect now ? Another mood swing ? Or this isn't her house...

Quite unexpectedly, she put her hand on my neck, drew me closer. I tried to protest, but my hormones gave up.

Our lips met. I moved my hands through her hair. Smooth but rough at some places...
Fuck. I backed off realising what I'd done.

"What was that for ?!", I said gasping for air.

"Today's kiss-incomplete...You deserved it anyhow", she said as she ran away heavily breathing. I smiled as I reved the engine.

"Oh boy", I said. "I love these mood swings."