Chapter 13 : Cheesy proposal

The next day felt very long. Tanvi was absent. Avni trying to give me occasional stares.
But I couldn't even look in her eyes, due to what I did to Tanvi.

Finally, she confronted me in the recess.
"I'm really sorry about yesterday", she continued. "I was just... I wasn't just prepared for all this..."

I was trying to maintain eye contact, but I couldn't. I kept my gaze low. I felt ashamed. The stuff I did with Tanvi.... It was wrong...

"What happened ? You look pale... is this because of Vinay ? Look it's not your...", she felt my forehead. "Fever !", she gasped.

"Arey, na it's nothing", I said and backed off. I felt very guilty. As if I'd cheated on her. I dashed off towards the door. My gaze went towards the bell.

It rang loudly. Indicating the end of the break.
I was irritated thoroughly.

"Shut up !", I exclaimed. The bell rang even louder.
My head ached. Aargghhhhh.

Louder. Louder and finally it broke off. So did the tubelights around me.
The bell fell down suddenly. But it didn't touch the ground. Instead it was levitating. What the heck was happening ?

All the students gathered around the bell. Avni came too. "What happened ?", she asked as she broke the spell.
The bell hit the ground with a loud bang.

"I... I don't know. Something's wrong", I said.
"Come, let's go...", but before she could complete her sentence, I ran off. To the washroom.

What the hell is wrong with me....

The washroom seemed completely deserted. I looked at the mirror. It started to create ripples. What the...

***

Ok the last thing, I remember was that I was in the washroom. And now, I'm telling postulates of MOT. To Elizabeth miss ?!

Whatever, but how did I end up here ? Relax, Akshit. You were just dreaming. Just calm down.
"And that's it ma'am", I said as I went back to my seat.
The last lecture got over. Vaibhav accompanied me to the gate. It was raining. Quite unusual though because the weather was clear at morning.

I saw Avni still trying to find way through the umbrellas. "Avni !", I yelled.

She stopped. "Wait", I quicked towards her with my umbrella. She too got under it.
"Don't you have an umbrella ?", I asked. It was kinda stupid question, I know.

"Wouldn't I use it then ?", she said. "Ufff, this rain..."
"Well, I could drop you to the bus depot, if you like", I said.

She looked at me one last time and said, "Yes, thanks." We proceded towards the depot. She was already wet due to her initial endeavours and due to my small umbrella, we were sticking up as we walked.

Try not to be a fool, my brain said. We both occasionally tried to see each other's faces and they were kinda too close, I used to realize and then, back to normal.

"So, Avni...", I decided to give it a try.
"Ya, Akshit ?... ", she said.

Ok no fucking kisses, this time.

"The thing is that when I met your for the first time na. It was so magical. It's like after all these boring studious lone years, God had finally planned something for me...

Something unusual, but something special
Something not similar, but extraordinary....

....You"

Avni's eyes lit up. Her smile widened.
One second more, and she would burst into something. Ok come on Akshit. Something more.

"Remember the first time, we bunked the college. You and me, went to Marine drive.
The 3 pictures of you, I'd taken. You think you deleted them. But I've them in my backup...

One's on my phone's homescreen wallpaper,
Second's on my lockscreen.... And third here..."

I put her hand on my chest,
"... in my heart, safe and sound...Avni...

You know The Feel I Get  when I'm with you... It's... I can't even describe it. I feel so complete. So fulfilled as if we are one whole soul.

It's time that we become one too.
Avni, I love you... Will you be mine ?"

Avni gasped and hugged me tightly.
"Yes, I will. I'll be yours and yours forever..." She let go off her tears.

She looked up to me. I know what she wanted to say.
"It's ok Avni. You don't need to. Rather, kisses are so overrated. Let us just remain like this ever and forever..."