Chapter 10 : Nightmares tonight

"Zaappp", a sudden jolt of current woke me up.
I screamed as electricity rushed through my head.

"Stop Screaming moron", someone said.
"STOPP... YOU ARE HURTING ME", I yelled. I couldn't bear it anymore.

I heard the lever going down. The flow stopped but my screaming didn't. My head throbbing like anything else.

"I said... STOP SCREAMING", the man repeated. I tried to see him, but my vision was blur. He wore a yellow mask.

My vision started to stabilize. I could see a metal blade. The man was slashing it slowly through my shoulder, carving something.
"Aaahhhhh", I screamed.".... Stop you bastard", I wailed.

His phone rang suddenly. "I'll deal with you later", he warned me as he picked up the phone.
"Hello, ya ya I know I know. I'll just erase his..."

"Hey if anyone hears me. HELP !! THIS MAN'S TORTURING ME", I screamed on top of my voice.

"NO sir. It's not like... Sir listen to me...", He was saying.
"Fuck off", he yelled and went out.

Then it was total silence until I could finally hear something. The chief again. Low quality speakers. It was a faint voice. Hard to decode.

"So... We have... Two ladies.... Here... Beautiful, glamorous... Earlier we had captured..... Let's have some.... fun....", It sounded.

But then a sudden scream filled the entire area. It was Avni's.

"NOOOOO. AVNNIIII !!!", I screamed as I tried to get out of my position. But... I was tied to a wooden chair with all chords and wires attached to a crown like thing on my head.

There stood only a door between me and Avni. But I couldn't get myself free.

"PLEASE.... DON'T DO IT", I screamed. But no one seemed to hear. I felt guilt. I felt sorrow. Helplessness. Fear. Despair. I was trying my best to get free. Just another scream- Tanvi's, caused me to break down.

That's when something happened.
Something phenomenal. I heard someone's voice in my head.

"I know... You broke the front-right leg of the chair na ? It was rotten due to fungus. Quite smart, huh... "

The voice interrupted as the yellow masked man reentered the room.
"You think you are smarter than me ?", He roared. I looked beneath. Ya, the leg of the chair was really broken.

"Oh yeah, definitely", I replied. He charged towards me activating the shock system again.

Despite the shocks, I managed to break that leg of the chair by kicking it hard. The chair fell along with me. All the chords broke and began throwing sparks in all directions. The yellow masked became a target as the current flowed through him.

The broken chair was still attached to me, but atleast I could move. I turned off the system. The man was paralyzed.
His phone rang again. I picked it up.

"I'm telling you. Final. You just have to brainwash the boy, not his skills. We need him", the guy on the phone said.
"You know what ? Your are fucked up", I said as I threaded the phone to the wall.

I quickly ran to the door and opened it. The scene was quite dreadful. Avni and Tanvi with hands tied to the ropes that hung them to the ceiling. Their clothes ripped at many places. Blood flowing through all of them.

My vision descended down. 20-25 terrorists all with their weapons on, staring at me. They all charged towards me. I could look into Avni's eyes.
"I'll save you", I said.

I turned back quickly and slammed the door. Even though it was locked, it won't stay there forever. The door rocked as they banged it hard.

I saw the live wires, gotcha. I kept the chair's parts scattered and stood on them. I pushed the lever to the maximum. The wires started sparking up.

DHAAADDD.

The door was thrown off as all of them entered. I plunged the wires to the floor. The metallic tiles providing a good conduction of the high voltage through all of them.

The thing that saved me- the broken chair. I was already a fan of it.

The terrorists screamed at the top of their voice as the electricity flowed through their bodies at max potential. After a few moments, the noise died.

The energy was depleted. Batteries dead. But the floor was still electrified. I attached the legs of chairs to my shoes and started walking.

I was alert. Anyone could attack. But fortunately, no one did. I went towards Avni and Tanvi. I took a knife from a fallen terrorist, and cut the ropes and free Avni first. The floor was still electrified. So I carefully carried her to the outside ground.

Next, I got Tanvi out too. But on the way, someone grabbed my leg. Tanvi fell forward but soon recovered. We were feeling electrocuted, but the voltage was low now.

I tried to shake my foot off, but he didn't give up.
SMAASHHH, Tanvi wrecked his head with a gun.

She helped me get out, where Avni was waiting for us. She hurried towards me and hugged me tight. "Akshit, thank you.... Thank you... For everything...",

She was crying. I looked at her face.
She even had a cut on her cheek, making her even more cute. Our emotions... were intense. Her face came closer to me. It was gonna happen...

But then, Tanvi interrupted as she hugged me. "Akshit....", and started crying.
"Come on. This isn't time for all this", I said as I got out of Tanvi's arms.

"Let's get out of here first", I said as I saw blood over Avni and Tanvi. And on mine too.
We climbed up the edge towards our camp. That's when I heard a familiar voice.

"I knew it. OPERATION TRIANGLE. This is it Akshit. This is it."

"Vinay ?!", I said.
"Akshit let's get out of here", ordered Tanvi.

"Wait, Vinay's still there", I said.

"Akshit, please. It's getting darker. We don't even know if there are others like them or not", said Avni as she held my hands.

"But Vinay..."

DHAAADDDDDDD !!!!!!!
A loud explosion rang our ears. Avni pulled me away as we escaped the place.
Vinay, I just hope it wasn't you...