Chapter 16: The Truth

Author's Note:
A manga character's name will be mentioned this chapter. It's not really a spoiler but I wanted to leave a warning, just in case.
I also recommend listening to 'These Woods (Human Made)' by KLARA after the first scene. It came on while I was writing and it fit so well.

——

"The fuck happened now?!" Bakugo's presence was hard to miss as he flung the door open and stormed inside the room, startling All Might and Midoriya.

"Huh? Kacchan, what—?"

"Did something happen with One For All again," he demanded in an agitated tone. "You ran out of the dorms like someone had set fire to a limited edition All Might merchandise store or something."

Midoriya's expression dimmed and he explained the situation to him.

"So you're gonna let yet another person in on the secret. Tch. I'm surprised the whole world hasn't found out yet." He shook his head in annoyance.

"I trust Shinso to keep the secret," Midoriya said confidently. "Plus, his Quirk seems to be somehow affecting One For All, so maybe him knowing will help us figure out what exactly is going on. What do you think, All Might?"

Intertwining his hands and resting his chin on them, the aforementioned replied, "I trust Young Midoriya's judgement. If you want to tell Young Aizawa then I'll support your decision."

"Tch. Do whatever, nerd. If this comes to bite you in the ass then you've only got yourself to blame."

Midoriya smiled and nodded. "Alright."

——

Racing back to Heights Alliance, Izuku dashed to Shinso's room only to find that no one was there. He searched around for him but he couldn't find him anywhere and he came to a stop in the living room, panting.

"Midoriya? You okay, bro?" Kaminari sat up on the couch to look at him.

"Ah, yes! I'm just—Have you seen Shinso anywhere?"

"Nope, sorry. I'll see if Sero has, though." Kaminari raised his voice to a yell, " OI, SERO."

A voice shouted back from the kitchen, "WHAT?"

"HAVE YOU SEEN SHINSO?"

"NO....WAIT, YEAH! HE LEFT A WHILE AGO. I THINK HE WAS HEADING FOR THE SCHOOL."

"'KAY, THANKS." Kaminari lowered his voice, "Hope that helps."

"Thank you!" Midoriya said and ran off again. He sped down the path towards the main school building. Worrying thoughts began to form in his mind. What if Shinso got mad at him for lying? What if knowing that their Quirks were somehow linked scared him? What if he didn't want to hang out with him anymore? Midoriya was so distracted that he completely ran past Shinso, who was running in the opposite direction. They both stopped abruptly and spun around to jog back to the other.

"Midoriya!" "Shinso!" They both exclaimed in synchrony. Shinso grabbed his shirt and pulled him into an embrace, "Dont fucking scare me like that again, I thought something bad had happened."

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to just leave you like that," Midoriya said, flushing.

Shinso let go of him and stepped back slightly. "So, are you gonna explain what that was all about?"

"Yes..." the boy peered down at his hands, fidgeting with them. "There's actually a lot I need to tell you. Do you mind if we go somewhere more private?"

Shinso raised an eyebrow but didn't push any further. "Sure. I guess we could take a walk through the forest." Midoriya nodded and they stepped off the path, heading for the secluded area of trees that surrounded the school.