Chapter 1: Training Begins

Tuesday~

The U.A. training room was quite spacious despite all the expensive equipment for each type of muscle training, positioned in their respective areas.

A large clock hung upon the wooden wall read 5:59 AM.

Hitoshi walked into the empty training room, followed shortly by Shota. He automatically made his way over to the wooden cupboard in the corner of the room to grab two quarterstaffs.

"You won't be needing those today, kid."

Shinso paused and glanced over his shoulder at his dad, "Oh. Are we doing hand-to-hand combat again? I thought we did that on Mondays."

"We will be reorganising your schedule from now on. I know we usually do physical fighting skills on weekdays but we will be focusing more on training your Quirk for a little while now as your skills are significantly lacking." A small smile played on Aizawa's lips, "Also, we have a volunteer to help us out."

Hitoshi's eyebrows rose slightly in surprise, "Seriously? Who?"

As if on cue, a bundle of bouncy green hair raced into the training room, it's owner's freckled face turning a pink hue.

"Hi! I'm so sorry if I'm a little late... Uraraka video called me as she needed some help with understanding her homework and I just couldn't..." the boy rambled on.

Aizawa had to cut him off otherwise they would be there all day, "You're not late, Midoriya. Thank you for agreeing to help out. Your kindness will not go unnoticed."

Shinso's mouth dropped a little in surprise as he stared at Izuku, perplexed as to why he would want to help out, especially after their match at the U.A. Sports Festival.

He quickly collected himself and spoke smoothly, "I appreciate this, Midoriya, but I really don't want to bother you..."

"No, no! It's no worries, honestly." Izuku smiled with his eyes pinched shut, waving his hands side to side. "I figured you'd have a lot to catch up on as you just joined the Hero Course and when I went to ask Aizawa Sensei about it he said he's been training you and I offered to help."

"But, what about your own training? Won't you fall behind?"

"Not at all! I always have a bit of free time and I'll just be napping or hanging out with our classmates, playing board games or Mario Kart on the Wii if I'm not training, so."

Hitoshi considered this before he nodded, "Okay, if you say so. Thank you."

Izuku flashed him a smile, relieved that he'd let him help.

"Shall we begin then?" Aizawa said monotonously, growing bored of their conversation already.

The boys nodded and the small group gathered in the centre of the room.

"I'll give you both a little explanation of what we will be doing and how our training sessions will work, which will be every Tuesday and Friday, by the way," Eraserhead informed them. "I will be observing and instructing you both on what to do and Hito- Shinso also on how to use your Quirk. From what we've gathered about Shinso's Quirk is that he can only brainwash someone if they verbally respond to him; a major disadvantage if a villain were aware of this weakness. This leads into the first part of our training: We will start by working on minimising the response needed for the Quirk to be able to take action. Just to clarify, the training sessions will have different- levels, I suppose you could call them. Once the first task has been completed, we will move onto the next 'level'. If one task doesn't seem to be going anywhere then we will move on to the next. The levels will not necessarily become harder as we proceed."