Chapter 17: Playing With My Emotions

Friday

"Before we begin today's training," Aizawa began, scrutinising Shinso and Midoriya. "I'd like to know why I received reports of both of you racing through the school grounds at seven AM yesterday morning." The two boys exchanged a glance.

Izuku chuckled nervously, "W-well, you see—"

"We got lost," Hitoshi stated with full confidence despite the obvious lie.

Aizawa blinked tiredly at them, not bothering to keep up with the interrogation. "Just stick to the school schedule and don't do it again." Cutting through their mumbled apologies, he continued, "Today, we are going to test whether Shinso is able to alter emotions."

Hitoshi queried, "So do I just go through a list of emotions, then?"

Eraser nodded, "Try the most common ones you can think of, then I'll give you harder emotions to try out."

"Alright." Meeting Izuku's gaze, he asked, "Are you up for it?"

Nodding in response, Izuku beamed, "Hit me!"

Activating his Quirk, Shinso ordered him to feel angry. He waited a moment before releasing the brainwashing and asking, "Did it work?"

Izuku furrowed his brows, "Not really. I just felt numb, like how I usually feel when under your Quirk's influence."

"Perhaps I should do what I did on Wednesday and give you more control over your body again?" Hitoshi suggested.

"That might work—!"

"You did what on Wednesday?" Aizawa demanded.

The students froze, realising their slip-up. Hitoshi itched the back of his neck, "I'll...tell you at home. Nothing bad happened."

"Hm," Aizawa uttered.

Reverting his attention back to Izuku, Hitoshi used his Quirk and adjusted the settings. He saw the boy's posture relax then repeated his previous command.

Izuku felt his fists clench and his eyebrows shot up, "Oh! It's kinda working." His tone held an odd combination of slight anger, surprise and excitement. "I do feel a little mad but it's strange because I don't know what I'm mad at."

"Perhaps if you told him to direct his anger towards something..." Shota suggested.

Shinso nodded, "Alright. Feel angry towards me then, I guess." He immediately regretted the idea when he shuddered at Midoriya's sudden glare. Midoriya's skin reddened slightly and his fists clenched at his sides. The two Aizawas were taken aback when Midoriya began to storm towards Shinso, who tried to order him to stop but the command didn't seem to be working as Izuku slammed his palms against his chest and pushed him backwards. "Midoriya, stop!"

The boy continued to approach him as if to push him again but he stumbled when the brainwashing was released and his eyes widened in alarm. "What—What just happened?" Izuku covered his mouth, "I'm so sorry, Shinso! I don't know why I pushed you. I just felt so angry and couldn't help myself!" He tried to bow apologetically but Hitoshi stopped him.

"It's fine, it was my Quirk's influence." He put a hand over his heart, "That did scare the shit out of me, though. I didn't know you could be that scary." He laughed a little. "I just don't understand how my commands didn't work on you. I told you to stop but you kept going."