Chapter 8: Cats. Lots of Cats

Shinso and Midoriya were walking to class together, both feeling pretty drained from the amount of training they'd done that morning. Aizawa had gone ahead to grab himself some coffee before class, probably to help him stay awake for at least half of the lessons he was meant to be teaching that day.

Whilst they walked together, Shinso listened to Midoriya go off on a rant about uses of his Quirk, which smoothly transitioned to the fresh notes he'd taken on newly debuted pro heroes and then, not surprisingly, moved onto All Might.

Shinso found himself zoning out a little, not because he was uninterested in the conversation, but because he had suddenly been hit by a migraine; one of the worst migraines he had ever experienced. He felt a sickly warm liquid drip onto his lip and placed an index finger to his Cupid's bow, glancing down at his finger to see blood. A wave of dizziness washed over him and his steps faltered.

Izuku, finally noticing and snapping out of his monologue, turned to look at his friend, tilting his head. "Shinso? Are you okay?" He questioned, concern easing its way into his expression.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine..."

It turned out he was, in fact, not fine as a moment later his vision blacked out and his body fell limp.

Shinso peeled his eyes open, squinting. Everything seemed out of focus as the image before him appeared to melt together in a blur of colours. Gradually, his vision cleared. The first thing that stood out to him were those celadon-green eyes, staring down at him, filled with concern. It took him a while to realise their owner was saying something.

"-nso, can you hear me? Are you alright?"

Coming out of his daze, Hitoshi sat up; he winced as the sudden movement made his head throb. He realised with a start that he was on the ground, in Izuku's arms. He smirked up at the boy, "Did you catch me?"

Midoriya's eyes widened and a pink tint dusted his cheeks, "Ah- I- uh- y-you didn't answer my question! Are you alright? Do you still feel faint? We should get you to Recovery Girl." Nicely dodged.

"Woah relax, I'll be fine." Hitoshi said. "I'm alright now; just feel a little drained."

Aizawa had forgotten his beloved sleeping bag back at the training room and was speed walking back to get it. His pace slowed when he spotted Shinso and Midoriya on the ground. He walked over to them.

"What are you two doing?" He asked in a bored tone.

Midoriya's head snapped up and he turned around quickly, "Aizawa Sensei! Shinso fainted and he says he's fine but I think he needs to go and see Recovery Girl."

Aizawa moved around Midoriya to see Hitoshi sitting on the ground, rubbing his temples, "You alright, kid?"

"Yeah... I'm used to feeling like this after overusing my Quirk; it just hit me harder this time as I'm using it more than I ever have before."

Aizawa nodded. "Midoriya, could you escort him back to his dorm?"

"Wha-?"

Before Shinso could finish his protest, Eraser cut in, "You're having the day off school to catch up on rest. I'm not having you distract my class by blacking out in the middle of a lesson."

Hitoshi rolled his eyes, replying sarcastically, "Gee, thanks for your concern, Dad. Nice to know your priorities."

Aizawa looked at him tiredly but reached out a hand to ruffle his son's hair affectionately before continuing on his excursion to retrieve his sleeping bag.

Midoriya stood up and held out a hand for Shinso to take, helping him up off the ground.

Hitoshi dusted the gravel off of his butt and hands, "You don't need to 'escort' me to Heights Alliance if you don't want to. I'll be fine."