Change of Mind

"Get in!"

"What? Aren't you can't ride a bicycle?" Kun asked while judging Yuxin's in his bicycle.

"Uhm... yes? No. Well, my father once taught me, I guess?" Yuxin scraps her neck as she's actually also not sure about that.

"No. I already injured my ankle. And now you want to put me in danger??"

"I don't have such bad intentions. I just want to help you to see your mother. Come on, since the sun haven't fully set down we have to go." Yuxin suggested.

"Sigh.." Kun heaved a sigh as he knows what Yuxin's said was right and he also can't deny his urge to see his mother.

"Ok." Kun decided and hop in behind Yuxin's.

...

The two little kid arrived at a nearest bus stop they lock the bicycle and wait patiently for the bus. Soon the bus to their destination—a hospital in another district—comes. They quickly hope in and pay for the fee, then they sat at the front row as the driver asked them so—to make sure they're safe.

While on the road, Kun's hand can't stop fidgeting and shivering with cold sweat. He tried to conceal it by holding his palms together and clenched his stuttering thighs. But Yuxin can see it clearly, about how worried her friend is. So she decided to reach out her warm hand to lay on top of his.

"Don't worry."

She said but not looking at Kun. And Kun on the other side is looking at her face. His eyes dilated and blinks in doubt. With Yuxin's warm small hand on top of his, he somehow feel lighter. It feels like a magic for him as how her small hand transferred sense of security to his chest.

...

"Mom!" Kun shouted as soon as he sees his mother lying on the emergency room's bed. There's not lot of wounds on her but a nurse beside her bed seem will give her a gip for her hand and legs.

"Kun? How could you be here?" W-with whom you come here?" His mother asked with her tangled eyebrows.

"With Yuxin." Kun said but he doesn't care about his mother worried face and just immediately hugs her.

"Did uncle and aunt comes with you two?" Kun's father asked to Yuxin who follow Kun behind.

"No. They have works. Sorry to make you feel uneasy that we come, uncle." Yuxin bowed immediately.

"Eh no no no. That's not what i mean, i just uhm..." Kun's father hold Yuxin's arm to make her straighten her back, "i don't know what to say, but thank you. It must be hard for little kids going so far to here and even more with Kun's condition. Yuxin... Thank you for taking care of him." He smiled at the end.

"Fine, uncle. I'm glad to help Kun." Yuxin return a smile too and somehow that smile lights up the mood as Kun's mother smiled too.

...

"Thank you!"

"Roses?"

Yuxin raised one of her eyebrows as soon as Kun shoved a bouquet of flowers in front of her face.

"Y-yes. Aren't girls like it?" Kun asked back with bashfulness.

"Oh. Maybe." Yuxin answered shortly.

"It's a thanks, for your help. Uh... you accompanied me to go to the hospital weeks ago. Remember?" Kun said but in a cocky way.

"Ah..." Yuxin prolonging her words before she close it with a simple, "...Ok."

"Just that?"

Kun tangeld his thick eyebrows upon Yuxin's unamused response.

"Sigh... you..." Kun heaved a sigh. "Girls were being crazy when i just smiled to them. But i give you flowers, don't you feel any excited? I was so embarrassed while picking this thing you know? The jiejie owner keep giggling and asked me many weird cringe stuff when i'm at the shop!"

"Hehe." Yuxin chuckled in front of Kun for the first time.

"You laugh at me?" Kun instantly scoffed to her response.

But Yuxin just shrugged her shoulders and spun around to enter her house, leaving the stiffened and blank Kun at the yard.

"You're really not cute Liu Yuxin!" He shouted from the pedestrian to Yuxin whose already in front of the door.

.